Are additional purchases refunded if you cancel cruise?

Ronaldo807

I have apparently stumped NCL representatives on this one.

If I book additional specialty dining, internet, free at sea plus upgrade, etc and then have to cancel last minute are those charges automatically refunded or am I still liable for them?

We are more familiar with Royal Caribbean where anything purchased in the cruise planner is automatically refunded if you are unable to go on the cruise, but apparently nobody at NCL knows the answer to this question. This is for the purpose of buying travel insurance and wanting to make sure I am not over buying or under buying the insurance. 

On 10/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

I have apparently stumped NCL representatives on this one.

If I book additional specialty dining, internet, free at sea plus upgrade, etc and then have to cancel last minute are those charges automatically refunded or am I still liable for them?

We are more familiar with Royal Caribbean where anything purchased in the cruise planner is automatically refunded if you are unable to go on the cruise, but apparently nobody at NCL knows the answer to this question. This is for the purpose of buying travel insurance and wanting to make sure I am not over buying or under buying the insurance. 

Yes. You get a refund of any purchased items, port taxes and fees. You lose your cruise fare. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had to cancel a cruise last minute due to a death in the family.  I've seen my shore excursions refunded to my credit card.  I've seen some money returned to an FCC ($439.19) and CruiseNext certificate ($5.84), but it doesn't equal the taxes/port charges ($728.43) and beverage/dining gratuities ($395.80) that I paid.  I have a message into my TA and NCL to review this.