Can Aqua Class Opt to Dine in Main Dining Rooms for the Entire Cruise?

floridacruisegirl

1 minute ago, NJRonbo said:

On some ships -- I know SUMMIT is one of them -- you can order off the Main Dining Room menu in Blu.

I was also concerned about the bland, healthy-fare food that Blu offers and was relieved that at least on our upcoming cruise, we can order a regular meal.

You could be 100% right, full discloser, the Apex was my first ever Cruise, it was my GF's 2-3rd so we are super new, from what I can remember, I couldn't tell from the menu what was BLU specific vs MDR. But over all we didn't like the experience in BLU. It's wasn't terrible, we are going on our next cruise in Feb '23, on the Reflection, and again in Feb '24 on the Apex. So it's great! but I think for us we will try concierge next, before we go back to AC. 

11 minutes ago, cmaleblanc said:

You could be 100% right, full discloser, the Apex was my first ever Cruise, it was my GF's 2-3rd so we are super new, from what I can remember, I couldn't tell from the menu what was BLU specific vs MDR. But over all we didn't like the experience in BLU. It's wasn't terrible, we are going on our next cruise in Feb '23, on the Reflection, and again in Feb '24 on the Apex. So it's great! but I think for us we will try concierge next, before we go back to AC. 

From what I understand, the option to order off the Main Dining Room menu while in BLU is only available on M-CLASS ships (Apex is an EDGE CLASS) as the kitchens are adjoined.  

Someone please correct me on this if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that's accurate.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, thunderbird56 said:

We recently completed a cruise in an Aqua cabin.  Our son and DIL were in a regular balcony cabin.  I went on line and made reservations for each evening in Select Dining in the Main Dining Room.  No problem.  It didn't affect anything else on our trip including gratuities which were included.  Have a good trip.

It didn't affect the tips? really? You paid 1 lot of tips not 2. On each night you ate in the MDR either that waiter worked for no tips or the waiter in BLU lost out as he/she had an empty table. X won't be crediting both and I know we are talking small amounts but for the Servers it is part of their income. 

49 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

From what I understand, the option to order off the Main Dining Room menu while in BLU is only available on M-CLASS ships (Apex is an EDGE CLASS) as the kitchens are adjoined.  

Someone please correct me on this if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that's accurate.

I was able to order from the mdr menu on apex. Just had to ask the waiter for the menu and wait a little longer for delivery.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

I was invited to order off of the MDR menu by my waiter in Blu on the Edge in Summer 2019.  I’ll see about S class next month.

• Like 1