Connecting balconies on Brittania

chrissie p

Hi. I am looking to book 2 adjacent balcony cabins on the Brittania. I am hoping that the barrier between the 2 balcanies could be opened up to allow us to share 1 larger balcony space. Has anyone done this on this ship please or had an instance where they have not been able to do this? I am currently looking at F214 and 216 on deck 9. Many thanks

If it helps then certainly the balcony next to mine on C-deck has their barrier open to the one further along to double the balcony size on the Baltic B222 cruise a couple of weeks back.  No idea why, never saw them out there.  But the barrier was defo open for sure.

Thanks. Thats good to know 😀

There will be someone on their own in one if the cabins and it would be nice if we could enjoy an early evening drink without having to cram onto the one balcony. I thought it would be possible and I have now found something on P&Os website saying where possible they will open them up but wasn't sure if anyone had experience of this being refused or not possible.

We were on the Britannia for the Baltic cruise; our son and his partner were next door to our daughter and her partner - D deck, starboard side. He was able to open the divider between them with his house key.

6 hours ago, seapals2 said:

We had our divider folded back between cabins.  Just remember the side that gets the divider will then get reduced access through their patio door.  Our son didn’t mind but something to consider.  

Thanks and interesting point about the divider. Was there an option as to which room got the divider or will it only fold back one way?

On 10/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, john watson said:
On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, chrissie p said:

Thanks and interesting point about the divider. Was there an option as to which room got the divider or will it only fold back one way?

As far as I could tell .. yes.   Our son and partner said they didn’t mind so we didn’t try it any other way.