Building Paradise Island - documentary on how Ocean Cay was built (available on streaming service)

westcoasttech

I haven't seen this discussed on CC ... maybe I just missed it, as it's probably been online for some time.

I came across the 3-part documentary "Building Paradise Island" on my streaming service (I'm in Canada, and it was on Tubi TV app on my Fire TV service through Prime).  It follows the development of Ocean Cay from trash filled and polluted sand to opening day and 1st ship visit.  I found it interesting.  I know it's a bit of a MSC promo, but if what they state about it's environmental standards is for real, then I applaud MSC for their actions, and I'm looking forward to seeing the island in real life in a few weeks.  The numbers stated for the work done and the money spent was quite staggering ... I guess that's why they charge you to climb the lighthouse ... got to make the money back somehow! [jk!]

My husband stumbled across it a few weeks ago on Tubi as well.  It was interesting to watch, particularly because I have been there before.  He hasn't.  
It was also pretty cool the rocks were from Nova Scotia, that's where I'm from. 

13 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I'd love to watch this. Please tell me about Tubi; I had never heard of it before. Anything I should know about signing up for it?

Im sorry I can’t answer. All I know is it is something my husband put on our fire stick. But I did Google the show to tell friends where to find it. I believe it’s on Apple TV. And the Nat Geo channel. 

Tubi TV shows as an available app on my default home screen when using a Fire TV stick to access streaming.  It's listed as free to join (Tubi) and has a "join as guest" option so you don't have to provide any information to access the app.  "Professor" Google might tell you if the documentary is available through alternative sources in any particular part of the world, full name of the program is "Building Paradise Island" and it's a 3 part documentary ... I think each episode is about 45 minutes long.

2 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

"Professor" Google might tell you if the documentary is available through alternative sources in any particular part of the world, full name of the program is "Building Paradise Island" and it's a 3 part documentary ... I think each episode is about 45 minutes long.

Available online to download...about 830MB per episode.