Booking shows

beth555

I have only sailed on one NCL cruise and it was a long time ago. I have a question on shows, do you have to book for all shows or just the popular ones? I see that you cannot book in advance on the website. We will be on the Breakaway next week and I know Six and Burn the floor are popular but what about other shows?

It's suggested to have reservations (done through the box office or at the Headliners comedy club on embarkation day), but on my 3 previous NCL cruises, including 2 before COVID, I don't recall the theater being at capacity for any of the shows so you have an excellent chance at getting a seat on the standby line.

On that cruise, only SIX and Burn The floor will have reservations, plus the comedy shows in the comedy club.  Everything else will be first-come first-sit seating.

1 hour ago, beth555 said:

I have only sailed on one NCL cruise and it was a long time ago. I have a question on shows, do you have to book for all shows or just the popular ones? I see that you cannot book in advance on the website. We will be on the Breakaway next week and I know Six and Burn the floor are popular but what about other shows?

As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office, Deck 7, Breakaway Theater, Starboard entrance. You can book SIX (a fantastic show), BTF, Comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), and Velvet (extra fee - Not Bird recommended). You can also book Canvas By U painting (extra fee). See below for a sample entertainment menu from August. 

The following link is from our live post from the Breakaway a few weeks back. While it was a short cruise, you’ll get a feel for what’s available. 

35A240B9-394D-4B58-842C-7561B4C7C58C.jpeg.6154a1bc22d3f34dc05072676b1bffd5.jpeg

On 10/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, BirdTravels said:

As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office, Deck 7, Breakaway Theater, Starboard entrance. You can book SIX (a fantastic show), BTF, Comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), and Velvet (extra fee - Not Bird recommended). You can also book Canvas By U painting (extra fee). See below for a sample entertainment menu from August. 

The following link is from our live post from the Breakaway a few weeks back. While it was a short cruise, you’ll get a feel for what’s available. 

35A240B9-394D-4B58-842C-7561B4C7C58C.jpeg.6154a1bc22d3f34dc05072676b1bffd5.jpeg

Would the concierge book these for the Haven guests? Why didn't you like Velvet?

14 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Would the concierge book these for the Haven guests? Why didn't you like Velvet?

The concierge will book the shows that are bookable. He/she will have a printout of the shows and give it to you upon entering the Haven. You can fill out which shows, and when, you want to go to. Then the concierge will book them. You can do it right then, or you can take it back to your room and do it at your leisure (you may want to do it more quickly on a full capacity sailing). 

• Like 1

We were handed a form to fill out in the Haven waiting room while waiting to board. We filled it out immediately for Six ( not our cup of tea) Burn the Floor ( fabulous) and three comedy club times ( the comedy club was sold out for every show except the last one in the main theater. An hour after lunch on board we received a print out with everything we asked for. 

On 10/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, 2boyzmom said:

The concierge can book shows, excursions, and dining. We were in the Haven, and we still stopped to get a show "menu" to see what was being offered on each night and to plan our nightly entertainment. The list provided by the Breakaway concierge didn't show everything, just bookable shows. 

Preface this by saying that we sail 6-7 times a year and see entertainment on multiple cruise lines. Velvet wasn't good. The vocalists were not good. The show itself was not well written or produced. If people ask for a recommendation, I would say "save your money and go to a specialty dinner". We would have preferred an old fashion cirque show in the Spiegel Tent. 

image.png.7a7735a70f3e6168a3c0571e6f175eb3.png

image.png.b26ce9d80947c8504bd08e5aad50224d.png

image.thumb.png.f3ff2a24eb8ffc7a6d73e71fba48794b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The concierge can book shows, excursions, and dining. We were in the Haven, and we still stopped to get a show "menu" to see what was being offered on each night and to plan our nightly entertainment. The list provided by the Breakaway concierge didn't show everything, just bookable shows. 

Preface this by saying that we sail 6-7 times a year and see entertainment on multiple cruise lines. Velvet wasn't good. The vocalists were not good. The show itself was not well written or produced. If people ask for a recommendation, I would say "save your money and go to a specialty dinner". We would have preferred an old fashion cirque show in the Spiegel Tent. 

image.png.7a7735a70f3e6168a3c0571e6f175eb3.png

image.png.b26ce9d80947c8504bd08e5aad50224d.png

image.thumb.png.f3ff2a24eb8ffc7a6d73e71fba48794b.png

Thank you for the review. Sounds like i will skip this one !!!