Bermuda authorization

dizzybertie

We are travelling on Sirena, leaving Barcelona Nov 4. As this trip calls in Bermuda we need the certificate to say they recognise our uk vaccinations. Not wishing to leave things to the last minute we applied two weeks ago, received acknowledgement and see the payment has been taken. since then nothing. We have tried email, to no avail and Oceania doesn't want to know. Has anyone had any success and how long did it take? Any suggestions gratefully received.

I’m also on the same cruise and applied for the Bermuda certificate one and a half weeks ago. I got a receipt of payment immediately, but then, as you, nothing. Starting to get a bit nervous, as Oceania says one can’t embark in Barcelona with out one. There is an emergency phone number for expedited service on the acknowledgment of payment email, but it says it’s for those leaving within 24 hours. 

Based on reports I've read people typically are receiving their approvals a week to 10 days prior to their embarkation date.

There's a phone number you can call if needed.

Toll free 833-570-2594 ( I assume toll free number is for calls from the US), or

441-444-2498 . The lines are open 8 am to 8 pm .

The phone line is not just for those leaving within 24 hours. You can call at any time with questions or concerns and many people report receiving their approval immediately after calling.

• Like 1

Been to Bermuda 3x since pandemic 

Twice this summer

the TA typically comes approx 2 weeks before the visit (best to make a paper copy when received)

If you need to call using the above telephone numbers, you'll find accommodating, pleasant and helpful staff.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

Relax.  Went to Bermuda in June.  Yes, they charge you when you make application.  Then wait patiently.  I applied 4 weeks before cruise. My spouse got Bermuda travel authorization 2 weeks later. Not me. Mine came a few days later. Strange?  You might think that if you both apply at the same time that you would get the authorization on the same day.  Just keep the email saying that you applied.  There is an 800 phone #.   Only call of you are less than a week out.  Many people on the cruise had similar things happen.  It all worked out.  

18 hours ago, dizzybertie said:

Thank you everyone. That has taken a weight off the mind

I applied about 4 weeks prior to our Insignia trip, received confirmation immediately and was charged a few days later. After hearing nothing, I called 2 weeks prior to our start date.

The agent would not process my application at that point (others had a different outcome) but advised that they were now "more automated" and I would see the TA a week prior to our sailing.

We received both TAs today for our October 31 sailing - just as she indicated. Their system appears to be working well, but it does cause some stress as embarkation (or not!) gets nearer! 🍺🥌

Bermuda system states that you should get your travel authorization a week before your cruise.  Applying and waiting was stressful. However, I didn’t call.  Got travel authorization as stated.  Once onboard, we met people who called a few weeks after filing. They were angry that they had to wait on hold for long time.  Some used 800 toll free. Some called the direct number.  They all got their authorization.  Relax and wait.