Iona - Selective Survey?

GSPG

The four of us returned home yesterday on Iona and all had separate cabins and booking refs . There were issues and observations which I will raise in other threads as I still digest our two weeks aboard, but let’s start with the post cruise survey.

It popped up in two of our accounts yesterday shortly after we arrived home. As I type, two of us have still not received the survey. It may still be making it’s way towards them, but is it a coincidence the two not receiving yet had issues with their cabins and visited reception at least a couple of times each.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but is it possible P&O are being selective who they send feedback to? Surely the best form of feedback for companies is receiving constructive feedback so they can improve in certain areas, that’s if they want to.

I’ll post of course if their survey does come through. If it does, will it be the same?

6 minutes ago, GSPG said:

The four of us returned home yesterday on Iona and all had separate cabins and booking refs . There were issues and observations which I will raise in other threads as I still digest our two weeks aboard, but let’s start with the post cruise survey.

It popped up in two of our accounts yesterday shortly after we arrived home. As I type, two of us have still not received the survey. It may still be making it’s way towards them, but is it a coincidence the two not receiving yet had issues with their cabins and visited reception at least a couple of times each.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but is it possible P&O are being selective who they send feedback to? Surely the best form of feedback for companies is receiving constructive feedback so they can improve in certain areas, that’s if they want to.

I’ll post of course if their survey does come through. If it does, will it be the same?

This is the industry I work in, and there's a number of totally non-conspiratorial reasons you might not have got one when they did. Most surveys have a set number of completed responses they want - let's say they want 100 per cruise, so they'd send enough invites that they think they need to get these 100 - at random. Then if they don't get enough they'd send another batch at a later date, and then another until they reach that target. It doesn't mean they're cherry-picking who to ask.

They may also have quotas set - so they might want to speak to a certain number of people in each age group, or travel group (families / single travellers etc) - all again could lead to you not getting one when someone else does. 

Edited by itf

4 minutes ago, itf said:

This is the industry I work in, and there's a number of totally non-conspiratorial reasons you might not have got one when they did. Most surveys have a set number of completed responses they want - let's say they want 100 per cruise, so they'd send enough invites that they think they need to get these 100 - at random. Then if they don't get enough they'd send another batch at a later date, and then another until they reach that target. It doesn't mean they're cherry-picking who to ask.

They may also have quotas set - so they might want to speak to a certain number of people in each age group, or travel group (families / single travellers etc) - all again could lead to you not getting one when someone else does. 

These "surveys" replaced the in cabin ones a couple of years ago and are actually reviews for Feefo. Read into that what you will ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, itf said:

Thanks.

If this is the case however, in our travel group why have the two who did not visit reception receive the survey?

Is this a random coincidence?

1 minute ago, GSPG said:

Thanks.

If this is the case however, in our travel group why have the two who did not visit reception receive the survey?

Yes. I contact reception a couple of times per cruise. Sometimes to report a blocked toilet. Sometimes because I've locked myself out of the cabin. Sometimes to query an account charge. Sometimes just a general query. No relevance at all to whether I receive a survey or not.

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

These "surveys" replaced the in cabin ones a couple of years ago and are actually reviews for Feefo. Read into that what you will ...

Interesting if this is the case?

Oh well, I could add this into this feefo’ review that not all parties were contacted!

It’ll probably not make it online as mine will highlight a number of areas for improvement.

Feefo will not be aware of who, and who has not, had problems on board. I've had the survey whilst still waiting for the coach to leave Southampton.

I know it seems odd that the parties who had problems did not receive surveys, but coincidences do happen (otherwise there wouldn't be a word for it!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks.

Basically yes. You're assuming far more of a joined up system than I expect exists here. (Although sometimes when doing customer satisfaction work you might also get what they call 'background variables' that are later used in analysis, like previous customer spend, number of times they've bought a product etc...)

4 hours ago, GSPG said:

Oh well, I could add this into this feefo’ review that not all parties were contacted!

It’ll probably not make it online as mine will highlight a number of areas for improvement.

They all go online. I did a totally scathing one for Princess in July. It's there in glorious technicolour.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GSPG said:

Make sure you look in spam folder

On 10/23/2022 at 11:00 AM, GSPG said:

And unless I missed it, the Feefo review doesn't even highlight what ship you were on, so you have to include the ship name yourself...