Looking for a comprehensive guide to HIA drinks

BillderBo

17 hours ago, BillderBo said:

Someone said Dutch Cafe food is free. I just heard a vlogger say it is free only with drink purchase. Anyone know? I wonder if “drink purchase.” Anyone know how it works?

I was on the Koningsdam in March, and had a bowl of split pea soup and a cookie....no drink, and no charge.

L.

20 hours ago, BillderBo said:

Someone said Dutch Cafe food is free. I just heard a vlogger say it is free only with drink purchase. Anyone know? I wonder if “drink purchase.” Anyone know how it works?

You gotta love people that pay more attention to their vlog than providing accurate information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DJ PDX said:

Is anyone aware if you could upgrade the drink package included with "have it all"? I have a trip booked with HIA and was wondering if I could pay the difference to upgrade the drinks package portion.

Yes.  Once you are onboard, stop at a bar, before you make any beverage purchases, and the bartender should make it happen for you.

2 hours ago, Fairhope504 said:

When does a day end?  Midnight for the timezone the ship is in?  Or, sometime in the morning?  Curious about the 15 drinks a day limit.  

Midnight ship time.  HAL ship time is kept the same as local time.

Edited by Crew News

43 minutes ago, Fairhope504 said:

Thank you!  Between every other day ashore, was trying to figure out if it was worth upgrading the drink package.  especially, as we might be at a music venue, past midnight, if they are still open.  🙂 (non-alcoholic drinks as well of course)

If you are on a port-intensive itinerary, consuming 15 drinks per day between 6:00 PM and bedtime may be difficult on some days.  With early port days, you will need to be up in time for breakfast before your excursions and that translates to "early to bed". 

How many drinks would you consume in approximately six hours on port days from dinner to bedtime?