Breakfast of Champion Cruisers... what are your favorite breakfast options on Viking Cruise?

Liz Masterson

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

How are things in PR since the hurricane?

Thanks for asking.  Still pockets with no power.  I am sure people whose homes were flooded are still cleaning up.  Money for road clearing was earmarked so towns are busy clearing roads and edges so driving on the country roads is not so dangerous.  All is well.  Except we are watching a trough and tropical wave merge and are in for a whole lot of rain for the next 5 days from Trinidad to PR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Insanityx4 said:

I have tried all of the cold sandwiches but have never seen the warm ones listed on the menu.They serve a lobster and shrimp stew/soup which I have only found once and it was amazing. The best berries on the ship are usually served in the morning to go with the waffles. I have never tried the waffle but the berries are so good.

The warm ones were on the printed menu when I was on Jupiter this summer. I had the liver one. It was yummy but I get not everyone will go for it. That stew sounds good!

2 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Thanks for asking.  Still pockets with no power.  I am sure people whose homes were flooded are still cleaning up.  Money for road clearing was earmarked so towns are busy clearing roads and edges so driving on the country roads is not so dangerous.  All is well.  Except we are watching a trough and tropical wave merge and are in for a whole lot of rain for the next 5 days from Trinidad to PR.

Ugh

Great thread! Breakfast always in The Restaurant. I work in the hospitality industry, so when I'm on vacation it's my turn to be served. Daily smoothie, one croissant, berries with Marscapone, smoked salmon with capers. The atmosphere & calm of The Restaurant set the tone for the day. My fondest memory(ies) is any time I'm served by Denys. He's been my main server on four cruises & doesn't even take my breakfast order....he already knows. Dining Room manager Angela has also been on four of my cruises & knows my routine. They are among many all-star crew. The interaction with the crew is my favorite part of Viking. 

20200316_211254~2.jpg

Edited by Myrtle Ave. Mayhem
  • Like 5

On 10/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, TayanaLorna said:

There are usually 3 different herrings in Mamsen's on Ocean but i have never tasted a smoked.  White wine, red wine, sour cream...

In addition, Mamsen's served herring in mustard sauce last Dec. on Venus.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed something of a "progressive breakfast" on several mornings of my last Viking cruise, and hope to do it again this time:

Some mornings I would naturally wake up VERY early, before most of the ship, and read while watching the sun come up until Mamsen's opened. Then I would go down and enjoy a quiet up of tea, and two slices of their marble rye bread with butter and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Delicious!

Then I would take my hot beverage of choice back to my room, get ready for the day, and collect my travel companion. She prefers a more formal breakfast, so depending on when we were scheduled for our morning activities we would eat at the World Cafe or the DR. Both were lovely.

No matter what I ordered or where, I always asked for a small serving of the congee to to go with it. This is an amazing savory breakfast porridge they have out every morning. It always perked me up and gave me extra energy for my daily adventures. If you have not tried it yet, I highly recommend it because it tastes great on the ship and I have yet to perfect the recipe at home.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 8:48 AM, NYU73 said:

On the Viking Star, a freshly baked  almond croissant  at the coffee bar in the library area and a latte with a double shot of expresso. A delicious way to open your eyes. 

The Almond Croissants are the BEST!  I wrote that in on the breakfast room service card almost every morning of our Viking cruise to Iceland last year. So good.  Just got off the Wonder of the Seas and their Almond Croissants weren't half as good as Viking's.  Now I want one and won't be on a Viking ship until May. 😞

• Like 1