Balcony to Crown Loft Suite with Royal UP, Now What?

rad798

Just received notice yesterday, that our low end fair rated Bid, was accepted for our cruise starting this Saturday on Symphony of the Seas.

Not really sure what I was thinking that late night a few weeks ago when I put in that bid. We always just get a regular balcony. Never had a Suite on Royal. Did win a bid on Norwegian to The Haven. That was great!

Anyways, I read up a little before placing the bid. Which of course, I have forgotten now

Reading old threads here and googling but still have some questions.

1: Do I need to make show reservations? I thought I did but see some people say they didn't have too on their September cruise.

With that, where is the Sky class seating in the theater and studio B?

2: With our balcony room, we had early dining in the MDR. Will that transfer to Coastal Kitchen or do I need to make new reservations for dinner at Coastal Kitchen?

3: Do you get free beer and wine in the Suite Lounge when they are open? What are the cocktail drink hours in the Suite Lounge?

Do you get free beer, wine and soft drinks in Coastal Kitchen? 

We are not Diamond and did not get the drink package. So, just wondering what is included drink wise.

Also, for you Suite Pro's, any inside tips about Suites for these 2 newbies would be appreciated.

Call RC and ask for the suite concierge . They will make the show reservations for you regarding shows and Coastal Kitchen.

At least they did for me on the Allure. 

They are supposed to send you an email one week prior to departure and make the reservations for you , but your situation is different , so i would call them.

The crown loft suites are real nice. Good catch .🙂

• Thanks 1

Here’s the email for Symphony concierge. Not sure if Jennie is back from leave, but this should get you what you need. After the crown loft, pretty difficult going back to any other IMO. Enjoy!

sy_concierge02@rccl.com

Edited by bucfan2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rad798 said:

Just received notice yesterday, that our low end fair rated Bid, was accepted for our cruise starting this Saturday on Symphony of the Seas.

Not really sure what I was thinking that late night a few weeks ago when I put in that bid. We always just get a regular balcony. Never had a Suite on Royal. Did win a bid on Norwegian to The Haven. That was great!

Anyways, I read up a little before placing the bid. Which of course, I have forgotten now

1: Do I need to make show reservations? I thought I did but see some people say they didn't have too on their September cruise.

2: With our balcony room, we had early dining in the MDR. Will that transfer to Coastal Kitchen or do I need to make new reservations for dinner at Coastal Kitchen?

3: Do you get free beer and wine in the Suite Lounge when they are open? What are the cocktail drink hours in the Suite Lounge?

We are not Diamond and did not get the drink package. So, just wondering what is included drink wise.

Also, for you Suite Pro's, any inside tips about Suites for these 2 newbies would be appreciated.

You don’t HAVE to eat in coastal kitchen. Last year we ate there a few times and in MDR a few. It was fine. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Here’s the email for Symphony concierge. Not sure if Jennie is back from leave, but this should get you what you need. After the crown loft, pretty difficult going back to any other IMO. Enjoy. 

sy_concierge02@rccl.com

I have to agree , the crown lofts are amazing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rad798 said:

You have to make CK dinner reservations.  Do it all on day 1 or via email before if possible.  Breakfast and lunch just show up when they are open.  We much prefer CK over the MDR.  

Yes, free beer and wine (there is a limited list) from about 11-11 depending on each ship.  You can also get bottled waters and sodas.  They always set me up pretty good.  Free Alcoholic drinks served about 5-8 depending on the ship.   I always bring a wad of singles to tip the SL bartenders and they always treat us like gold.  I usually tip the CK waiters a little cash each meal.  You don’t have to do that but I think it is relatively common.  

Yes, free drinks in CK (they are connected) but the bar probably won’t be open at breakfast. 

Being on deck 17 you can also easily get things like desert to go if you want.  Don’t be afraid to ask for something not on the CK dinner menu.  With some notice (like a day before) they can sometimes make things happen.  All the menus will be on the app.  

There is a suites deck forward above solarium area.  Has a bar on one side and symphony has a hot tub I think.  No need to check towels out.  Just grab and go.  It is very relaxing up there.  

If you go to Labadee there is a suites beach area.  

Make sure you get in the suites line when you checkin on day 1.  

Concierge will help you depart last morning making things much easier.  

You will surely enjoy the loft suite.  They are great.  Enjoy the great views.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Here’s the email for Symphony concierge. Not sure if Jennie is back from leave, but this should get you what you need. After the crown loft, pretty difficult going back to any other IMO. Enjoy!

sy_concierge02@rccl.com

Thanks for the email. Just sent them a request.

Although, from a posting on another roll call, Halloween activities may be throwing a wrench in the show schedule. At least it was earlier. Should have it figured out by now I hope.

Edited by rad798
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, clover18 said:

You don’t HAVE to eat in coastal kitchen. Last year we ate there a few times and in MDR a few. It was fine. 

Was wondering about that. So, did you keep your original reservations (early or late) in the MDR or did you have my time dining or whatever Royal calls it for the MDR.

Nice job, down side is you will never want to go back to anything other than a suite.  We never made reservations for CK.  We would go to the SL early for cocktails and then ask the concierge when they could get us a table.  A few times it was later than we wanted but most times it was within 30 minutes.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rad798 said:

Was wondering about that. So, did you keep your original reservations (early or late) in the MDR or did you have my time dining or whatever Royal calls it for the MDR.

I think they end up keeping your original reservations and you can do that if you want the mdr option just in case.   If you are MTD and don’t have times set, it really doesn’t matter.   There are one or two CK menus you may not prefer and thus may want to go to mdr.  

For us, unless a specialty restaurant, we will do every meal in CK other than some/most lunches. We cruise anywhere from regular cabins to Star class so when sky class we usually take advantage of CK every night.  When Star we do all specialty restaurants for dinner and when regular cabin we might do some specialty and some windjammer and some mdr.  

12 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Nice job, down side is you will never want to go back to anything other than a suite.  We never made reservations for CK.  We would go to the SL early for cocktails and then ask the concierge when they could get us a table.  A few times it was later than we wanted but most times it was within 30 minutes.  

I like this philosophy.  Just drink your way to the table and enjoy the journey. 

However, if you have a show or something requiring a time schedule, make sure to make a reservation ahead.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 9:23 PM, rad798 said:

I think ours was 5:30 and we ate there when we felt like it. Coastal was nice and we went to Wonderland one night- too much food and over-rated.