Raiatea things to do

flcraigs5

On 10/27/2022 at 10:56 AM, flcraigs5 said:

We dont have an excursion booked for Raiatea can anybody tell me if theres things to do right in port or is there vendors right at port selling excursions? We are there from 12-9pm.

Thanks in advance

We were in Raiatea on Wind Star on a Twice the Tahiti.  The ship is docked right in town.  Stores and gift shops are just a few steps away.  I think there might have been vendors at the gift shop area selling excursions 

The first visit, we had booked Raiatea Jet and had a wonderful day on jet ski's with Jeremie.  He was very versatile and we were able to choose what we wanted to do. This was a long day though, out on the waverunners for hours.  Did stop for snorkeling, pearl farm (no sales), lunch on a beach, etc.

The second time, we had arranged a rental car online.  The agent met us at the dock and took us to the office. Very easy and the drive around the island was nice. Much less expensive than a ship's  tour and we were able to set our own pace.

It depends on what you want to do.  I ended up having three private boats from two different companies, booked for 53 people on our cruise.  The company DISCOVERY LAGOON was amazing.  It was by far the highlight of our Hawaii, French Polynesian cruise.