Dining options on Royal Caribbean.

lixogab

I'm used to freestyle dining on NCL but our next cruise will be with Royal Caribbean. We sail with my DW and another 3 couples (4 separate reservations).

What would be the best and easiest way to handle the dining times so we can get to the evening shows?

From what I understand there are two options on RC: traditional or fixed time and "My time dining"

If opting for traditional we have 5:30-6:00 or 7:30-8:00.  With the second option we'll definitely miss all the main shows, right ?

But with MTD, how long will be the wait time considering the  ship is expected to be full ?

Will MTD + daily reservations help  or even with the reservation the wait time will be significantly longer than with traditional dining ?

On the other hand, if opt for traditional dining, are the tables assigned each day and we can just show up together or the tables are preassigned on the day 1 and we have to take care on the 1st day to get a designated table for us ? 

Thanks

Not necessarily.  For most shows there will be an time that falls during the second seating and then another that falls after dinner.  It will be like 8pmish and then after 10pm.  If there isn't a second show, they will usually have the same show on a different day at a time that works for the late seating. 

• Thanks 1

For traditional dining, you table will be assigned in advance. You can link your reservations to be seated together, and can confirm when boarding.

I've always done late traditional on midsized ships (Radiance and Freedom class), and never missed a show. There would usually be one at 7 or 7:15 we'd go to, but occasionally the only show would be at 9:30 or so (which is also completely doable).

• Thanks 1