Communication with family at home

11 hours ago, traveldayz said:

I Skype my dad every day when at home, and I know some ships block this. What do people use on the Majestic? 

I would NOT recommend using the internet access on the Majestic Princess, as it is VERY s l o w!

We did a 21 day cruise on her and got of her on the 16th October 2022 and the internet was not very useable, it took me at lest 5 - 10 mins to get this site to load! and I did not even try to use any video chant apps like skype or WhatsApp.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I would NOT recommend using the internet access on the Majestic Princess, as it is VERY s l o w!

We did a 21 day cruise on her and got of her on the 16th October 2022 and the internet was not very useable, it took me at lest 5 - 10 mins to get this site to load! and I did not even try to use any video chant apps like skype or WhatsApp.

Was the problem caused by the ship or because of its location at the time. If your cruise was trans-Pacific, this could be the problem. I can recall pre-COVID, that there was very limited internet access mid-Pacific.

23 hours ago, traveldayz said:

I Skype my dad every day when at home, and I know some ships block this. What do people use on the Majestic? 

I do this too! I ring my dad via Skype.  I haven’t done it this cruise on Majestic but have in the past. Depending on where you are cruising you might get internet (as we have on this cruise) but for NZ we have bought a NZ prepaid sim. I have found if I pick my times, I have been able to access via Skype, sometimes good, sometimes horrible, but at least contact.

• Thanks 1