Is Fort St. Catherine only open during the summer?

Turtles06

We'll be in Bermuda in November.  We've visited several times, but have never been to Fort St. Catherine and were hoping to visit on this trip.  However, the government of Bermuda web page linked below says: "Now you can march in the footsteps of our earliest soldiers as you tour one of Bermuda’s most impressive historic forts.  Bring your family to visit Fort St. Catherine daily from June 3 – August 26, from 10am – 4pm.  Special 20 minute tours at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm. Call to book a tour."

https://www.gov.bm/fortstcatherine

Is the Fort only open in the summer?  I've sent them an email to ask, but haven't received a reply so far.  

Thanks for any info!

54 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Bring your family to visit Fort St. Catherine daily from June 3 – August 26, from 10am – 4pm.  Special 20 minute tours at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm. Call to book a tour."

I do know they are closed on Saturday and Sundays when they are open-- which is not immediately evident in how they word the above. 

Curious to what they respond with. Wouldn't surprise me if it were seasonal. If it is closed you can get really close by going to have some cocktails or lunch at the St Regis right there. 

47 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

"Now you can march in the footsteps of our earliest soldiers as you tour one of Bermuda’s most impressive historic forts.

It makes no sense to me if the website is correct that they would tout the Fort s one of Bermuda's most impressive forts and only have it open 3 months.  Plus there is now a large hotel next door (St. Regis) that should increase visitors. There are a lot of things that they do these days  in Bermuda that are head scratchers. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

I do know they are closed on Saturday and Sundays when they are open-- which is not immediately evident in how they word the above. 

It says they were open daily in the three summer months. Possibly they would not have tours or weekend hours in the off season and the website needs to be updated? Hope there is a reply.  

27 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It says they were open daily in the three summer months. Possibly they would not have tours or weekend hours in the off season and the website needs to be updated? Hope there is a reply.  

Actually just looked at the website from the link and it confirmed my suspicions on days of operations at least-- if you look to the right hand side it says its only open Monday-Friday. The verbiage in the body of the website is very misleading. 

13 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Actually just looked at the website from the link and it confirmed my suspicions on days of operations at least-- if you look to the right hand side it says its only open Monday-Friday. The verbiage in the body of the website is very misleading. 

On  the tourism website they list  hours for every day. Nothing about it being open only in the summer. 

https://www.gotobermuda.com/profile/fort-st-catherine/962

Edited by Charles4515

36 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

On  the tourism website they list  hours for every day. Nothing about it being open only in the summer. 

https://www.gotobermuda.com/profile/fort-st-catherine/962

I'd seen that, which is why the Bermuda government web page that I quoted in my first post is very confusing. 

Update:  Bermuda replied to my email and said the Fort will be open in November.   (I hadn't noticed the following originally, because I wasn't looking for NCL excursions in Bermuda, but NCL does have an excursion on our first day there that includes admission to the Fort, which the Bermuda email to me noted.)

They really should update their web site.

28 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Update:  Bermuda replied to my email and said the Fort will be open in November.   (I hadn't noticed the following originally, because I wasn't looking for NCL excursions in Bermuda, but NCL does have an excursion on our first day there that includes admission to the Fort, which the Bermuda email to me noted.)

They really should update their web site.

I had a feeling the website needed updating. Thank you for contacting them and reporting back. 

• Thanks 1