Gem Aft Penthouse...Any thoughts?

DwayneG

Looking at an Aft Penthouse on Gem to Bermuda.  We have stayed in Haven before but it looks like Gem doesn't have special restaurant or pool area for Haven.  So what would miss in an Aft Penthouse?  Butler?  Concierge?  Priority boarding in NYC?  Prive for true Have is LOTS more, so what's the difference?  Web site is not very clear.

11 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

Looking at an Aft Penthouse on Gem to Bermuda.  We have stayed in Haven before but it looks like Gem doesn't have special restaurant or pool area for Haven.  So what would miss in an Aft Penthouse?  Butler?  Concierge?  Priority boarding in NYC?  Prive for true Have is LOTS more, so what's the difference?  Web site is not very clear.

We have stayed in both the aft- and forward-facing Penthouses on the Gem.  You are correct that the Gem (like the other Jewel class ships) does not have a special restaurant for the Haven.  ALL true suite guests, Haven or otherwise (that is, stateroom categories starting with H or S), get to eat a private breakfast and lunch in the space occupied by Moderno and/or Cagney's.   Special suite menu.   Breakfast in particular is wonderful; a nice, quiet way to start the day.  Table service as well as a small buffet.

The non-Haven suites do have butler and concierge services.  (Prior to the pandemic, NCL was talking about eliminating butler services from some of the non-Haven suites.  I don't think that's happened.)  And you do have priority boarding in NYC; you wait in the same little lounge as the Haven guests.

The Haven area does have a narrow thing they call a pool, but it's nothing I would pay Haven prices for; it's inside a Haven courtyard.  And I think there's a sundeck.  That's pretty much all the "extra" you get for being in a Haven suite v. a non-Haven suite on the Jewel class ships.  (If there's more, I hope folks will correct me.) 

I hope that's helpful.

• Like 1

We've been in aft penthouse suites on the Gem, Jewel, and Jade and they're wonderful.  The balconies on deck 10 are the deepest.  We had a forward penthouse on the Pearl and found we didn't enjoy the balcony as much since it was a bit windy.