For those who are considering other cruise lines.

Wishing on a star

Every single cruiseline I sail has some things I really like that set that line apart from others.... and also has some things that really annoy me like no others.  I could generate a pros and cons list for every line,  but it might not apply to everyone.   Some people don't care about self-serve laundry and ironing, or adequate cabin seating, or being able to cash out your OBC instead of waiting for a check, or unlimited wine as long as you pay corkage, or paying for things other than excursions pre-cruise with your OBC, or superior suite benefits, or all inclusive pricing options, or a free solarium vs a paid sanctuary, etc. etc.  I won't specify which cruise lines have which of the above listed specific pros and cons....but they illustrate the differences.

• Like 4

On 10/30/2022 at 4:54 PM, Roberto256 said:

I drive by terminal v, a week or two ago, in Miami.

At the adjacent garage, they had a big sign that said "Virgin Parking"

Do they check?

Does it apply to everyone in the vehical?

Seemed very intrusive.

You’ve misinterpreted the sign. The lot has extra large spots to make things easier for first time parkers or those who have never pulled into a spot all the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, scottsol said:

You’ve misinterpreted the sign. The lot has extra large spots to make things easier for first time parkers or those who have never pulled into a spot all the way.

I've been parking I thought successfully for years however when I turned up at this location, These days I use a Sat Nav system as I need a little help. Even so at this place I just could not quite find the spot and messed about for ages unsuccessfully.

Regards John

I have no problem with the sentiments expressed in OP's original post. I do think it should've been titled differently because it was specifically about Virgin Voyages vs Princess. The title made it sound like it was a more general comment about comparing to other lines. 

Princess is our "default" preferred line. In Sept 2022 we went on an NCL Canada/NE cruise because we were invited by my brother and SIL. We had a good time and I liked the greater variety of restaurant options on NCL. We had a basic balcony cabin and it was severely lacking in storage space. I do think that the fact that the ship was only at about 65% capacity probably contributed to our overall good experience. Bottom line is that I'd only go on another NCL cruise if there was some unique itinerary or I was invited by friends or relatives. 

We have good friends who swear by Viking Ocean, so we're going to give it a try. We booked a Panama canal full transit for October 2023.

I just finished helping my DD (age 26) book a Med cruise for her honeymoon on Princess. We also looked at Celebrity because I thought it would have a better "vibe" for her age but I was surprised by how much higher the prices were (this was Enchanted Princess vs Celebrity Edge). So Princess won out.

• Like 3