HA and CPAP machines

hal lover

21 minutes ago, hal lover said:

My DH uses a CPAP machine.  How does this work on HA?  They are allowed, right?  Thanks!

Cpap's are not a problem.  My DH uses one and has not had any problems. We hand carry it on board to avoid damage.  On some ships there is no electrical receptacle near the bed and our room attendant runs an extension cord under the bed. You can order a gallon of distilled water prior to your cruise or request one after boarding.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:27 PM, hal lover said:

My DH uses a CPAP machine.  How does this work on HA?  They are allowed, right?  Thanks!

Might I recommend you fill out the Special Requirements form?  It's located Right Here.  You'll need your booking number and last name.  From there, under the section "Respiratory needs" you can let them know he will be bringing a CPAP, and you can even request distilled water.  This may help prepare the staff a little better so that they can provide an extension cord as necesary.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2022 at 3:07 PM, Don Kehote said:

Might I recommend you fill out the Special Requirements form?  It's located Right Here.  You'll need your booking number and last name.  From there, under the section "Respiratory needs" you can let them know he will be bringing a CPAP, and you can even request distilled water.  This may help prepare the staff a little better so that they can provide an extension cord as necesary.

Thank you for the link. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 6:07 PM, Don Kehote said:

Thanks so much!  My agent has contacted them and all's set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 5:07 PM, Don Kehote said:

Thank you. This was exactly the information I needed.