Ultimate Celebration Package

brynmelyndavid

My wife and I are booked on G238 to Spain and Portugal, departing 26th November. The cruise is effectively our 6th attempt (thanks Covid) at a holiday to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, (we've now been married over 28 years!) so I'm toying with purchasing the Ultimate Celebration Package as a treat for us both. I can see how the champagne and chocolates and robes, etc all work but has anyone had any experience of this package and if so can you shed light on how other aspects work out? In particular, it includes two massages - do we book them on the ship or in advance of sailing? It incudes meals in two speciality restaurants - given how they often sell out how do we book those and how does it work in a flexible cost venue like Sindhu? And it includes a framed portrait photo - again how does this work? Oh, and I assume the P&O robe and slippers mentioned in the package are ours to keep? Any answers much appreciated.

1 hour ago, brynmelyndavid said:

My wife and I are booked on G238 to Spain and Portugal, departing 26th November. The cruise is effectively our 6th attempt (thanks Covid) at a holiday to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, (we've now been married over 28 years!) so I'm toying with purchasing the Ultimate Celebration Package as a treat for us both. I can see how the champagne and chocolates and robes, etc all work but has anyone had any experience of this package and if so can you shed light on how other aspects work out? In particular, it includes two massages - do we book them on the ship or in advance of sailing? It incudes meals in two speciality restaurants - given how they often sell out how do we book those and how does it work in a flexible cost venue like Sindhu? And it includes a framed portrait photo - again how does this work? Oh, and I assume the P&O robe and slippers mentioned in the package are ours to keep? Any answers much appreciated.

Be wary as not all the speciality restaurants are operating all the time.  Glass House was open for Food on R215 last cruise but for the cruise commencing last Sunday was shut due to chef shortages in the main dining rooms.   Similarly Sindhu shut around half way into R215.  These are the two main speciality restaurants on Aurora.  Clearly there will be more on a big ship. 

Also, I presume it is unlikely you will get the photo, as photographers are not back on the ships (thank god).  

So if you do book I would want assurances beforehand as to substitutes or reimbursements for various elements if not available as advertised. 

• Like 1

Agree. Contact them to ascertain how P&O’s current issues will impact this package for your cruise, and hopefully they won’t give you their standard  (some might suggest duplicitous) spin. It is good to know your options if they can’t deliver for “operational reasons”, and in writing before parting with money.

But I am sure you will have an amazing time and celebrate in style

(P&O are very liberal with their use of the word “ultimate”!.)

Edited by Camberley

5 hours ago, brynmelyndavid said:

3 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Be wary as not all the speciality restaurants are operating all the time.  Glass House was open for Food on R215 last cruise but for the cruise commencing last Sunday was shut due to chef shortages in the main dining rooms.   Similarly Sindhu shut around half way into R215.  These are the two main speciality restaurants on Aurora.  Clearly there will be more on a big ship. 

Also, I presume it is unlikely you will get the photo, as photographers are not back on the ships (thank god).  

So if you do book I would want assurances beforehand as to substitutes or reimbursements for various elements if not available as advertised. 

Never booked any of these types of packages, however -

I think Galeforce sums it up pretty well. 

There appears to be a lot of issues regarding booking of Speciality restaurants, including Iona (on other threads). 

Can't see that I've seen anything regarding issues booking Spa services.

We're on board the same cruise as yourselves.  Although we will not be booking any spa service (🤞) I'm currently not certain that we will get what bookings we may want regarding Speciality dining.  

Totally personal opinion - in the current climate, buyer beware with packages that include things like speciality dining, photos etc.  Hopefully I'll be proved wrong,

The price has risen to £429 however there are also plenty of people responding to a Facebook post I placed saying they have used the package recently and feel it is excellent value. Ultimately we are all free to spend our money how we wish and each of us will have separate priorities. I consider P&O's 'Ultimate' drinks package to be nothing of the sort and wouldn't touch it with a barge poll. However having looked at this and costed the benefits I think it's decent value for money and adds a touch of 'special' to the cruise which is what I was after. 

On 10/31/2022 at 3:45 PM, brynmelyndavid said:

Congratulations! - we were similar to you in that it took until our 53rd anniversary year to achieve our Golden Wedding cruise! Hang on in there!

• Like 1