Testing positive days before boarding. One in our party.

Gracelyn

29 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find the info. 
my sister tested positive just days before we go. Will NCL rebook us. New rules and hard to follow. 
thanks

gracelyn 

This FAQ might help in your search.

Will I receive a refund for my cruise if I test positive for COVID-19 prior to embarkation, at embarkation, or during my cruise or if I need to cancel due to a new government travel restriction? What about other members in my party?

Please visit https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19 for the most up to date information on refund eligibility including how to request a refund should you or your travel companions qualify.

Cruise Cancelled by Guest

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from traveling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.
  • If you, your family members or travelling companions assigned to the same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. To qualify for the FCC, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Norwegian, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Norwegian.

Norwegian Cruise Line Refund and Cancellation Policy for COVID-19 (ncl.com)

The Sail Safe page demurs to a NCL Refund page.

Here's the Sail Safe webpage: https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

And it says: image.png.fd798fc217f00f3e033744e053456da3.png

The refund webpage is here: https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Here's what I believe is the applicable language, however I don't know all the details to your circumstances:

image.png.d26032b36d34567e47ac604b8530047e.png

33 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Self. But I’m making an appointment for PCR as I think that’s what the require according to above?

Yep.  That was my point.  Even a proctored Antigen would probably be acceptable.  NCL just isn't likely to accept the results of a self test as justification to provide FCC for a cancelled cruise.  I would think that with a proctored test result, they would have to provide compensation.  Of course, we won't know until you try.  Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  That was my point.  Even a proctored Antigen would probably be acceptable.  NCL just isn't likely to accept the results of a self test as justification to provide FCC for a cancelled cruise.  I would think that with a proctored test result, they would have to provide compensation.  Of course, we won't know until you try.  Please keep us posted.

Oh proctored. Good idea. Do that from home. 
I will def report back as to outcome. Thank you.