Departure from ship

suewheldon

36 minutes ago, sunshineocean13 said:

We were asked to vacate our suite by 8:30 (or maybe 8:00), and could use public spaces until our departure.

This is correct. You are asked to leave your suite by 8am though it shouldn't be a problem if it is soon after 8am. We tend to leave the ship by 9am as everything feels disruptive and crowded in public areas and the crew are trying to get ready for the next cruise, especially with extra cleaning they may have to do due to Covid.

Think how many ask on here how early they can board the ship so it is a push - pull situation for the crew.

The perennial question! We have often had to wait for an evening flight back to the U.K.

My first idea would be to hire a car collecting it from the port and returning it to the airport. A drive around the island is easy and the Fishpot restaurant, just north of Speightstown, is the perfect place for an excellent leisurely lunch.

As an alternative, the Hilton hotel offers day rooms and used to also offer day passes. With the latter you can use the hotel facilities and beach area. The hotel will store luggage and give you access to a changing room when you need to get ready for the overnight flight.

Seabourn may offer a tour of Barbados in the morning dropping you off at the airport around 3pm. Still a while to hang around the airport waiting for a 9.25pm flight.

• Like 1

KINNOUL.

Did you book your flight with Seabourn, if so they will look after you . Usually if your flights  are later in the afternoon they take you to lunch and onto the airport, if an evening flight they arrange a day room at a hotel and then onto the airport. One of the reasons  I usually ( but not always ) book my flights with Seabourn

3 hours ago, Kinnoul said:

Thank you both for your informative answers. dalliowner I booked it all through Iglú so I guess Seabourn will not look after us. The Hilton looks like a reasonable alternative.

Seabourn will offer the choice of a direct morning transfer to the airport, or a tour (possibly with lunch) ending at the airport in mid-afternoon, which you can book while you're onboard. It is not included; there's a fee as with an excursion. 

Message Copacabana or the Boatyard,  both on the beach at Carlisle Bay in Barbados. They offer full facilities, beach beds, umbrella, restaurant, showers etc. Sure they would store your cases safely as you finish your holiday relaxing on the beach. They are a short taxi drive from the Cruise Port and no more the 30 minutes to the airport.

On 11/4/2022 at 3:51 PM, suewheldon said:

Just found out March 4 is the Gold Cup racing event at the Garrison in Bridgetown. Not sure how this will affect traffic. 

Gold Cup is a great day out but it wont make that much difference to traffic. Might be a bit busier at start and finish but not significantly. You do go past the race course from Cruise Port to Airport. Would suggest its worth a visit but same issue, what to do with luggage. Tickets on Gold Cup day are also like gold dust.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am in a similar situation with flight at 17:30. Is it not possible to leave your cases on the boat and collect them later. My travel agent who booked everything via Seabourn told us they offer a day room for use.

They do offer a day room at a hotel, if your Seabourn booked flight leaves late, but I feel sure not on the ship.  It may have changed, used to be lunch at a hotel plus transfers for a flight after about 2 and up to say 5p.m., a day room, no meal, if a later flight.  We have had some lovely lunches at good hotels in the past.  Obviously this only applies if you have booked flights and transfers through SB.

• Like 3