New to Celebrity - any advice appreciated

dst

We are booked on the Edge, in a sky suite. My understanding is that we have access to the retreat area, drinks included and can have dinner in Luminae and Blu at no additional cost; correct me if I am wrong.  I also purchased five night dinner package, what restaurants are not to be missed?

This is a ten-day trip, as of now, we are required to test for COVID correct?

What else am I missing - I want to be sure we take advantage of what is offered and make the most of the cruise. 

Appreciate any guidance 🙂

I haven’t been on the E class ships but can say from my experience on S class, yes, you can technically dine in Blu but it is really for Aqua class guests. I know suite class guests aren’t turned away but priority is given (rightfully so) to Aqua guests. However, I believe you can order from the Blu menu while dining in Luminae.  This is the case on S class ships but YMMV on Edge. I’m sure others will chime in. 

wishing you a fabulous cruise!

• Like 1

Restaurant not to be missed is the Eden Restaurant, if I had a 5 night package I'd go to Eden at least twice.  Eden twice, Le Petite and Fine Cut (which can be extremely loud) twice.  Rooftop is just too windy to and it just feel too expensive for what you get

• Like 3

I think not to be missed is taking the time to continuously explore different venues on the ship throughout your entire cruise.

We missed out in doing that as we quickly found our “favorites” (mostly the Retreat and Luminae) on the Edge and frequented those spots instead of continuing to explore. Nothing bad about that, but when the cruise was over...I kept wondering why we hadn’t tried a bunch of cool places for food/drinks/entertainment. 

So, for our upcoming Edge cruise I’m going to take my own advice with a plan to “keep exploring” on all 12 days!

Eden is not to be missed. Have a great cruise! 🛳

• Like 2

The only thing I would recommend is to avoid Le Petit Chef and the gimmick of an animated dinner, and find the World Class Bar if they have one on board. I know Beyond has one as do all the S Class ships, not sure about Edge.  Our favorite Celebrity restaurant no longer exists, the original QSine with the endless tapas

Celebrity is very much a resort feel with the white glove treatment but without the stuffy attitude. The crew are usually fantastic and fun. We are looking at a Beyond sailing in 2023 as our first E Class ship. They are stunning ships and you should have a fun time onboard!

• Like 3

Recent change in rules re suites being able to dine in Blu.   Now only suite levels with unlimited specialty dining included are allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis.  This means Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites are excluded.

I believe the "new" Aqua Suite classification is allowed (and I believe the real reason for the change).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Recent change in rules re suites being able to dine in Blu.   Now only suite levels with unlimited specialty dining included are allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis.  This means Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites are excluded.

I believe the "new" Aqua Suite classification is allowed (and I believe the real reason for the change).

This is accurate however it is also on a space available basis.

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On Apex last week & we know of SS guests eating in Blu. However ship wasn’t full so don’t know if that influenced it. 

I don’t know if restaurants similar but we loved Fine Cut & are there twice. Favourite was Eden. Wouldn’t do Le Petit Chef really. And we could order off MDR in Luminae- again maybe as ship wasn’t full. They also had fillet mignon available- just need to ask. 

Have a great cruise!