Faster To The Fun - Might Be Back?

talkorpi

So I was looking around at the Carnival store to see price increases at the Fun Shops when I noticed "Faster to the Fun" as an option.  When I click on it it says you can purchase it for $49.95 per cabin.  I don't have a booking so I can't test this out but it looks to me like FTTF might be back.

Can someone with a booking verify?

https://www.carnival.com/faster-to-the-fun/MIA/faster-to-the-fun-101031

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

$49.95 per cabin.

When it does in fact come back, I doubt very much this will be the price considering it was up around $90 I think pre covid...

IIRC, the price was based on the length of the cruise. $50 would be for a four-night Catalina/Ensenada run, where $90 would be for a seven or eight-night cruise.

Edited by RaiderDuck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Back when I used to buy it FTTF was listed under Shore Excursions for the Embarkation Port.  I'm guessing when it comes back, that's where you'll find it.

First place I checked. 😂

• Like 1

I'll be curious to see what it includes.  We used to purchase it because we could have our room ready when we board.  Since that is no longer true for P/D, I'm sure it won't be included with FTTF.  That significantly decreases the value of the program for us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RaiderDuck said:

IIRC, the price was based on the length of the cruise. $50 would be for a four-night Catalina/Ensenada run, where $90 would be for a seven or eight-night cruise.

Then it must have varied from port to port.  The last time we purchased it from N.O. before turning platinum was in 2017.  I just went back to look at the email and it was $70 for a 5 day cruise then.  I'm pretty sure that it was up to $90 for a 5 day from there before Covid in January 2020.

25 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Then it must have varied from port to port.  The last time we purchased it from N.O. before turning platinum was in 2017.  I just went back to look at the email and it was $70 for a 5 day cruise then.  I'm pretty sure that it was up to $90 for a 5 day from there before Covid in January 2020.

I can help answer that.  I happened to take a 5-Day cruise in January of 2020.  Actually, it was a B2B of 5+5.  I was turning Platinum on the second leg, but just in case I wasn't going to have my Platinum Perks available for the first leg, I bought FTTF for it.  Just went back in my email. 

FTTF cost me $79.95 for a 5-Day cruise in January 2020 on Carnival Elation out of Port Canaveral:

ETA: Very important detail just occurred to me: email date of this purchase confirmation was June of 2019.  So, by the time of my January 2020 sailing the price may have gone up.  So maybe my information isn't that much help after all.😳

image.png.d824129ce60472e8751faa44750febbc.png

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

$50 was the original price when it first started, for all cruises.  Then they started charging more for longer voyages.  I remember I purchased for $50 like a day or two before it went up to $70 for our 5 day cruise. 3-4 day cruises might have still been $50, at first.

However, the generic FTTF page price listing became "starting at $50." It stayed this way, even when there were no more cruises with a $50 FTTF.  So, it probably just hasn't been updated since then, but I don't expect any cruises to actually have a $50 FTTF.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

I'll be curious to see what it includes.  We used to purchase it because we could have our room ready when we board.  Since that is no longer true for P/D, I'm sure it won't be included with FTTF.  That significantly decreases the value of the program for us.

I like that perk, but for me, the main reason I buy it is arrival at the terminal at any time which means 10am of course and boarding right behind platinum and diamonds. 

17 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I like that perk, but for me, the main reason I buy it is arrival at the terminal at any time which means 10am of course and boarding right behind platinum and diamonds. 

I'm wondering how even that part will be handled as platinum and diamonds still have to choose an arrival time and cannot come earlier.  It's no longer just show up when you want priority.

• Like 1