New York Embarkation

RJChatsworth

Is it true that if you embark QM-2 at Red Hook you are no longer required to show evidence of a negative Antigen COVID test taken in the three days prior to embarkation?

I was confused by the Cunard web site so I phoned them directly and was given this information by an agent.  It took a bit of time to find so thought I would double check!

38 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Is it true that if you embark QM-2 at Red Hook you are no longer required to show evidence of a negative Antigen COVID test taken in the three days prior to embarkation?

I was confused by the Cunard web site so I phoned them directly and was given this information by an agent.  It took a bit of time to find so thought I would double check!

It depends on which voyage you are on. Some of the QM2 departures from New York are on the list of "voyages with standard requirements" which no longer require evidence of a negative covid test. Other departures from New York are on the list of "voyages with additional requirements" where evidence of a negative observed covid test taken within two days of embarkation is required.

The October 7, October 25 and December 3 eastbound crossings from New York were/are on the "standard requirements" list.

The November 20 and December 22 departures from New York to the Caribbean are on the "additional requirements" list.

The requirements for departures in January and beyond have not been stated yet.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

Many thanks @bluemarble for your easy to understand explanation.  I wish the Cunard website had been of such clarity, unless of course the problem was mine!

I have been looking at the 3rd January eastbound crossing.

This is the link from the US: Vaccination and testing requirements for your voyage (cunard.com)

As bluemarble stated, no info past December for the QM2.

I was just reviewing the documents I need for my November 20th sailing. I agree that the website is confusing, but I did eventually see the part where they haven’t decided yet on January for QM2.

they may be waiting to evaluate how bad the fall outbreaks are onboard, which does make sense. Forming the policy based on conditions is a sound way to proceed. There might be no need for testing, or there may be a disaster like last year (unlikely). They really don’t want an outbreak onboard that they can’t manage.