Covid quarantine question

Jay19

We are booked on an Azamara cruise for next spring and will have to make our minds up shortly whether or not to go ahead.    The one big dealbreaker for us would be if Azamara still uses the ocean view cabins on deck 4 for Covid quarantine.    I have seen no mention of this in recent posts and wonder if anyone who has been on board lately could tell me what was happening with anyone needing isolation.      Thanks.

Yes, that was definitely my thinking.    Of course we hope quarantine will not be required but know that neither of us could cope with being in an ocean view cabin for days with no ability to get fresh air or even have much of a view.    I appreciate you confirming that you were able to stay in your balcony cabin.   Thank you.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

My understanding is that they will if you have symptoms. 

And they ask that all guests do the responsible thing and go and get tested at the medical centre if they have any symptoms. It’s good most are responsible though sadly some think “their holiday” is more important. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On our recent cruise there were coughs and sneezes galore! Quite worrying. We never found out if there was Covid on board but I suspect that without testing there's no Covid!

That being said, I think I've caught a cold on almost every cruise I've been on. Sharing utensils at self service venues, door handles, crowded lifts etc. So many possibilities.

• Like 1

I must admit I am not a fan of self service buffets and that was even before Covid.   I far prefer Oceania's approach of having the crew do the serving but I know many people disagree.    Anyway I do appreciate the replies and comments so thanks to everyone.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Princess just implemented mask mandates on 1 of its ships

Azamara did also on one of their ships after mask wearing was no longer compulsory.  I think Princess would be the same as Azamara - it is not a mandate it is a strong recommendation.  On Azamara, the culture is that a strong recommendation from the Captain is followed as a mandate as we saw when it happened.

I agree with Jay19, I have really enjoyed the serving of the evening themed items as an a table d hote menu in Windows.  Unfortunately I hear on Onward they have gone back to the evening buffet.  The experience with the served menu was really nice, all set up with white tablecloths and attentive staff.  Big mistake IMHO on Onward but I will see how it shapes up onboard - for example is it a served buffet

• Like 4

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Azamara did also on one of their ships after mask wearing was no longer compulsory.  I think Princess would be the same as Azamara - it is not a mandate it is a strong recommendation.  On Azamara, the culture is that a strong recommendation from the Captain is followed as a mandate as we saw when it happened.

I agree with Jay19, I have really enjoyed the serving of the evening themed items as an a table d hote menu in Windows.  Unfortunately I hear on Onward they have gone back to the evening buffet.  The experience with the served menu was really nice, all set up with white tablecloths and attentive staff.  Big mistake IMHO on Onward but I will see how it shapes up onboard - for example is it a served buffet

I think a served buffet is a nice compromise. I hate to waste food, so if I can ask for a taste of this, or a small serving of that, I will be happy. Sometimes I don’t know what I want until I see it!

• Like 4