Wow... a shocker! New promo for 50% discount actually lowered my next two cruises.

cruiseat50

I was expecting the same answer I always get-no, the price has actually gone up for your cruise.  But instead, I saved over $800 on each of the 3 staterooms I have booked for Alaska for next June.  The agent who assisted me said that the price reduction is through tomorrow only. 

30 minutes ago, bbqbears said:

The agent who assisted me said that the price reduction is through tomorrow only. 

21 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

Both of my TA's the 50% Promo expires Tuesday November 8.

And the NCL.com homepage says it ends on Monday!  🤣  Imagine my surprise!  Have we learned nothing people?  NCL can and will change prices whenever their business strategy demands it.   "Sale expiration" dates mean absolutely nothing unless the entire price calculation is considered.  It's a shame that folks have travel agents who don't understand this.  Just track the pricing on NCL.com and you'll know the answer in less time than it takes to call your TA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

And the NCL.com homepage says it ends on Monday!  🤣  Imagine my surprise!  Have we learned nothing people?  NCL can and will change prices whenever their business strategy demands it.   "Sale expiration" dates mean absolutely nothing unless the entire price calculation is considered.  It's a shame that folks have travel agents who don't understand this.  Just track the pricing on NCL.com and you'll know the answer in less time than it takes to call your TA.

I'll happily take Monday over Tuesday and no I'm not dumping my TA's. 

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Nine out of nine of my booked cruised before final payment dropped.  Contrary to popular belief, NCL does sometimes offer meaningful promos.

Dang @ChiefMateJRK…nine cruises booked.  Impressive.  Where all are you going?  Do you like to repeat destinations?  So happy for you for a price drop.  It’s always nice when you can save $$ for more extras.  Happy cruising!  We’re doing Epic 2/5 and Prima 4/30…perhaps these are some of yours, too?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

I'll happily take Monday over Tuesday and no I'm not dumping my TA's. 

Who told you to dump your TA?  It's not "cheating" on your TA to check the price yourself before bothering them.  A less than noble man once said that "Just lookin' ain't cheatin'".

(that was a joke folks)

• Haha 1

Called because I am paid in full, they tried to “upgrade” me to the rooms on the Prima where the slide kinda runs through your balcony, I declined. So they are offering FCC, said I would get contacted tomorrow… what should I expect? It was a $900 price drop.

18 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Dang @ChiefMateJRK…nine cruises booked.  Impressive.  Where all are you going?  Do you like to repeat destinations?  So happy for you for a price drop.  It’s always nice when you can save $$ for more extras.  Happy cruising!  We’re doing Epic 2/5 and Prima 4/30…perhaps these are some of yours, too?

Not ALL that impressive.  😎  We (now) sail often and sail cheap.  I can sail five weeks (sleeping and bathing) in an inside for what some pay for that luxurious Haven on the hill.  Is that an indictment?  Heck no.  Some derive great pleasure from a butler.  I would find the whole thing annoying.  I'm a simple person and don't require much beyond good food, good drink, good song and an amazing observation lounge to have the time of my life.  Destinations?  "We don't need no stinkin' destinations!"  (apologies to Treasure of the Sierra Madre fans)  jk.  That said, I would do an AK cruise every time for the rest of my life and be just fine.  Easy flight, great scenery any time of the year and many scheduling options.  We had snow in glacier bay October 2021.  Second favorite would be any cruise that stops at GSC.  I don't spend savings on "more extras."  I don't really need or want extras.  They just go back into savings for our heirs.  We're simple people.

Nope, unfortunately neither Epic or Prima are on our radar.  I believe it is Sun, Sky, Pearl, POA, Bliss, Encore and Joy in no particular order.  I refuse to consider POA a proper "cruise" as it's really just a floating hotel than spends way too much time in crappy docks.  That said, it is a fantastic way to visit HW, which is why we do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Not ALL that impressive.  😎  We (now) sail often and sail cheap.  I can sail five weeks (sleeping and bathing) in an inside for what some pay for that luxurious Haven on the hill.  Is that an indictment?  Heck no.  Some derive great pleasure from a butler.  I would find the whole thing annoying.  I'm a simple person and don't require much beyond good food, good drink, good song and an amazing observation lounge to have the time of my life.  Destinations?  "We don't need no stinkin' destinations!"  (apologies to Treasure of the Sierra Madre fans)  jk.  That said, I would do an AK cruise every time for the rest of my life and be just fine.  Easy flight, great scenery any time of the year and many scheduling options.  We had snow in glacier bay October 2021.  Second favorite would be any cruise that stops at GSC.  I don't spend savings on "more extras."  I don't really need or want extras.  They just go back into savings for our heirs.  We're simple people.

Nope, unfortunately neither Epic or Prima are on our radar.  I believe it is Sun, Sky, Pearl, POA, Bliss, Encore and Joy in no particular order.  I refuse to consider POA a proper "cruise" as it's really just a floating hotel than spends way too much time in crappy docks.  That said, it is a fantastic way to visit HW, which is why we do it. 

Absolutely agree about Alaska!

• Like 1