Totally P&O'd

arbhorseal

16 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’m not “more than happy” with the arrangements, but take the view that financially, I’ve won some and lost some over my many cruises with P&O. 

You haven’t actually lost any money have you? You were happy with the price you paid on booking. You’re still, hopefully, going to get the same product. It’s evident that you’re dissatisfied with your cabin allocation, but you decided to pay the saver fare, so that’s that! 

I sailed recently on Azura ex Malta. I booked early during lockdown. Onboard, I became aware that many of my fellow passengers had booked late and paid only a fraction of what I had paid. Did I fret over it? NO. I was happy with what I paid when I booked it and that is all that matters. Its no different than buying something in a shop and then seeing some time later that they have reduced the price.

• Like 8

I do feel for the op in regards to not price matching. Unfair that you can reprice the costs in america but not in uk for the same cruise. 

As for the room, select v saver. The difference in price is wrong i feel but its the chance you take with saver. 

But if your like me the room is just to sleep and shower in, and i rather use the money saved for other parts of the cruise. 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2022 at 4:27 AM, sam49 said:

It would have been nice if P & O had let you move cabins and would have generated some good customer service feedback. Instead  its made you feel like you don't want to travel with them again and you will probably talk to other people and dissuade them from P & O.

I do sometimes wonder if people in charge of these organisations ever think things through.

They don't need to, they have algorithms.

70+ cruises, we always book the aftmost cabin -- least amount of foot traffic,  a little motion doesn't bother us,  and the engine noise can drown out the TV next door and help us sleep.

Anyway,, with dynamic pricing, you pays your money and you takes your chances. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I'm happy I can stay in the game.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, latserrof said:

They don't need to, they have algorithms.

70+ cruises, we always book the aftmost cabin -- least amount of foot traffic,  a little motion doesn't bother us,  and the engine noise can drown out the TV next door and help us sleep.

Anyway,, with dynamic pricing, you pays your money and you takes your chances. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I'm happy I can stay in the game.

I used to work for an organisation where we said to staff 'if you do a good job the customer will tell five people; if you do a bad job they will tell 50'.

I'm not sure algorithms will be able to take into account anythingthe original poster says to friends/family/colleagues/neighbours etc.

17 minutes ago, sam49 said:

I used to work for an organisation where we said to staff 'if you do a good job the customer will tell five people; if you do a bad job they will tell 50'.

I'm not sure algorithms will be able to take into account anythingthe original poster says to friends/family/colleagues/neighbours etc.

If you read the whole thread you will find that many posters agree with P&O. I am sure you also told your staff that the customer is not always right.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, sam49 said:

Yeah, the intangibles -- not quantifiable so they are ignored.  And there's no way to measure whether friends/family/colleagues/neighbours pay any heed to what the OP says.

• Like 1