Cruise Director on Symphony - Dennis or Change this month?

blueslily

Hello all,

I'm taking a first time cruise on the Symphony next month. I've read on the board good comments about Dennis Charles, the Cruise Director. A CD does not make or break a cruise for me, but it's nice to have a good one, and I was hopeful that my friend will experience a good one on this first cruise experience. But, I've also read on here that the CD on Symphony will be changing this month. So, I'm writing to ask if anyone can confirm that Dennis will be leaving Symphony this month. (I'm not sure why.)  Next month, I will be on the Dec 10 sailing. Not sure how long Dennis is supposed to not be on Symphony. 

Also, any feedback on the person who will be taking over? The name posted in another thread here is Clo O'Connor.

Thanks! 

Edited by blueslily
Updated CD names

28 minutes ago, Vacation...Yes said:

We just got off Symphony last week. Dennis was my least fav. CD I have ever had. He would ramble on & on trying to be funny, like he was the comedian act, & it was so cheesy. 

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing your perspective. Kost folks on here that posted about him seemed to like him. It's goodto read other perspectives. 

How was your cruise overall? Would be great to hear about it. I'm just four weeks away from sailing! 

Overall it was great. We got rerouted d/t Hurricane Lisa so we missed 2 ports that I was looking forward to and added a sea day and Bahamas port. Ship is beautiful and staff do an amazing job keeping it clean. This was our 1st post-COVID cruise and I felt the food & service in the main dining room wasn’t as great as our previous cruises. Bar service was very good. We spent our sea days in the Solarium, which we haven’t done before. LOVED IT. Much more quiet & relaxing than main pool area. Two of our shows got rescheduled but those things happen. Enjoy your trip…sad ours is over🥲