TA Free Meal denied at Izumi Sushi

rad798

Just got off Symphony of the Seas.

We received a free meal at a specialty restaurant as a perk from our Travel Agent.

When we tried to use it at Izumi Sushi, the Suites Concierge later informed us that the manager of Izumi would not let us use the free meal voucher. Said it was because of the surcharge at Izumi.

I said, I knew Izumi Hibachi had a surcharge but was not aware of surcharge for Izumi Sushi. All he knew was manager would not let us use the free meal there. So, we booked at Hooked.

When the day came for our meal at Hooked, the app said We were still Izumi Sushi. Back to the Concierge (a different one). Explained what went on before. She called Izumi Sushi again and again they confirmed they would not take the free voucher. 

I did say that it made no sense to me. Especially since Izumi Sushi was charging $34.99 and Hooked was charging I think $52.99. She just looked at me like I had a third eye and said "Yeah, I don't know".

Anyways, has anyone else dealt with this and tell me a good reason the free meal voucher is denied in Izumi Sushi.

Last of all, while the food in Coastal Kitchen was great all week, the food at Hooked was not so good. The grilled Shrimp and Halibut were overcooked. Hard to mess up raw Oysters though.

1 hour ago, rad798 said:

Just got off Symphony of the Seas.

We received a free meal at a specialty restaurant as a perk from our Travel Agent.

When we tried to use it at Izumi Sushi, the Suites Concierge later informed us that the manager of Izumi would not let us use the free meal voucher. Said it was because of the surcharge at Izumi.

I said, I knew Izumi Hibachi had a surcharge but was not aware of surcharge for Izumi Sushi. All he knew was manager would not let us use the free meal there. So, we booked at Hooked.

When the day came for our meal at Hooked, the app said We were still Izumi Sushi. Back to the Concierge (a different one). Explained what went on before. She called Izumi Sushi again and again they confirmed they would not take the free voucher. 

I did say that it made no sense to me. Especially since Izumi Sushi was charging $34.99 and Hooked was charging I think $52.99. She just looked at me like I had a third eye and said "Yeah, I don't know".

Anyways, has anyone else dealt with this and tell me a good reason the free meal voucher is denied in Izumi Sushi.

Last of all, while the food in Coastal Kitchen was great all week, the food at Hooked was not so good. The grilled Shrimp and Halibut were overcooked. Hard to mess up raw Oysters though.

Izumi and Izumi Hoibachi have always been excluded (its in the fine print) on the free meals that I have received for clients.

Here is the applicable  fine print.

"Offer is valid for lunch for two, one per sailing, at Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table, Jamie’s Italian or Sabor Modern Mexican; or dinner for two, one per sailing, at Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Samba Grill, Jamie’s Italian, 150 Central Park, Wonderland or Hooked Seafood. Offer is not valid at Izumi Hibachi or Izumi Asian Cuisine."

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Izumi and Izumi Hoibachi have always been excluded (its in the fine print) on the free meals that I have received for clients.

Here is the applicable  fine print.

"Offer is valid for lunch for two, one per sailing, at Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table, Jamie’s Italian or Sabor Modern Mexican; or dinner for two, one per sailing, at Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Samba Grill, Jamie’s Italian, 150 Central Park, Wonderland or Hooked Seafood. Offer is not valid at Izumi Hibachi or Izumi Asian Cuisine."

Thanks for the reply.

I just see "Dinner for Two in Specialty Restaurant" on my statement. Never seen any fine print. So, I guess this does explain it.

Although, I still don't understand it, since Izumi Sushi is way cheaper to purchase than Hooked or others.

I'll just chalk it as another strange quirk on Royal and move on.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They both accept the $25 voucher that RCL loads on our seapass cards however (and they combine both of our vouchers so we get a $50 total discount). On Harmony in October our traditional last night sushi take out order cost me a whopping $1.52.🦐🥢😇

• Like 1

Grandeur also excluded izumi from the diamond plug BOGO offer. I was disappointed. I just wanted some sushi not hibachhi. As my 2nd choice and would have paid for chops.

Izumi they are fussy about. I'd do bogo more if I could have it as a choice. It's too small and popular they told me. Books up.

20220920_104056.jpg

1 hour ago, rad798 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I just see "Dinner for Two in Specialty Restaurant" on my statement. Never seen any fine print. So, I guess this does explain it.

Although, I still don't understand it, since Izumi Sushi is way cheaper to purchase than Hooked or others.

I'll just chalk it as another strange quirk on Royal and move on.

They have more limited seating at those 2 restaurants is the reason why those are excluded.

• Thanks 1

iT MAY 

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Grandeur also excluded izumi from the diamond plug BOGO offer. I was disappointed. I just wanted some sushi not hibachhi. As my 2nd choice and would have paid for chops.

Izumi they are fussy about. I'd do bogo more if I could have it as a choice. It's too small and popular they told me. Books up.

20220920_104056.jpg

It may vary. 

A few weeks ago on Voyager, they let us use the D+ BOGO at Izumi on (on Day 2)... only if we each went with the $34.99 price-fixe option.  I was happily surprised.