Itinerary says stop at St Thomas on 4/14 - doesn’t show on port schedule. Problem?

Hi guys/girls, I am reaching out to the valuable members of cc because who would know more than you 🤗

We are booked on NCL Sky on 4/8/23 for a 9 day cruise and have a stop scheduled at St Thomas on 4/14 according to NCL. However after some OCD planning (how many ships are at port for each port) we realized that for St Thomas the Sky doesn’t seem to show a stop there on our date. Well not on any date for April to be more accurate. It though shows stops for other NCL ships. I am looking at the official ”virgin islands now” webpage. As much as I try to find our ship in St Thomas I cannot find it for any day in April…and that makes me edgy and thinking if there is some change coming that we just don’t know yet. I’d be more than grateful for thoughts or guesses of what this could mean. 

Our sailing seems to have a peculiar itinerary in any case as it is different from it’s usual 9 day route. Might be because of Easter. For most sites where you can check ”how many ships at port” or book shore excursions our sailing shows the usual itinerary for our sailing, not this special one. So those sites do not help either but make us more confused. Cannot ask this question from fellow cruisers from the roll call because there is not one yet for this cruise even though it is an Easter one  😶 

Granted the itinerary doesn’t  seem

so optimal just now so we wouldn’t mind a change but would like to know. Seems a lot of immigration hastle is coming our way if the itinerary stays like this with the ship sailing from Miami to a foreign port, then coming to San Juan, then foreign ports before St Thomas, then foreign port, then Miami 😶

Thanks for all thoughts and educated guesses or information already in advance 🙏☺️

15E28A15-1FB5-4A6A-837E-B1C5240870BC.jpeg

1A6DD489-9939-4734-BCF1-B64EF40ECBDD.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
Typo

• European_CruiseGirl changed the title to Itinerary says stop at St Thomas on 4/14 - doesn’t show on port schedule. Problem?

All I can say is that the web sites aren't always accurate, but I'm sure that's not much comfort to you.   (Cruisetimetables.com doesn't show ANY ships in St. Thomas on April 14, yet the site you quoted above does.)  Hopefully you'll get some resolution of your question.

We're on B2B full transits of the Panama Canal aboard the Gem in February, going through the Canal on Feb. 5 and Feb. 7.  None of the sites shows any ships transiting the Canal on Feb. 7, and on Feb 5 they show three other ships transiting the Canal, but not the Gem.  (I'm pretty sure we'll be going through the Canal both days though. 🙂)

I hope you have a great cruise!

I don’t think I would call vi now dot com (assuming that’s the website you are referring to) as an “official” website for anything.  To me, it looks like a nicely running commercial (for profit) website.   It doesn’t appear to affiliated with the actual ports in any way.  It also says the last port schedule posted update was almost 3 months ago.  I would not give too much validity to its contents.  It may be accurate, but I would continue to look for more confirmation before being concerned. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising