Can onboard credit be used for gratuities?

windango

We’re booked on the Nov 15-22 American Countess and since the itinerary has completely changed none of the ships’ add-on excursions are really appealing to us.  Our travel agent has given us some onboard credit that we need to use up somehow.  We don’t drink, so using it on alcohol is out! Does anyone know if we’re allowed to use it for gratuities? On our Viking river cruise it wasn’t allowed but I’m hopping AQV might be different.

16 hours ago, windango said:

We’re booked on the Nov 15-22 American Countess and since the itinerary has completely changed none of the ships’ add-on excursions are really appealing to us.  Our travel agent has given us some onboard credit that we need to use up somehow.  We don’t drink, so using it on alcohol is out! Does anyone know if we’re allowed to use it for gratuities? On our Viking river cruise it wasn’t allowed but I’m hopping AQV might be different.

OBC are not allowed to be used for gratuities. We had to use some for transfer to the airport, and items in the gift ship.

13 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Airport transfers are free on the revised itineraries.

Good to hear as they soaked us for $49 each for a 20 minute ride to the airport at a port where there were no taxis or ride shares.

Thank you for all the replies. We still haven’t gotten our Embarkation timeline (didn’t get it for the original booking either) and when I called to ask about it, I was told we wouldn’t be getting one. Our guest tickets show the old info as well and they won’t be reissued. So I guess we just show up at the Gaylord Opryland and wing it!  I kinda like to know what to expect, so some information would be nice.

We were on the Countess cruise on the 8th and never got one either.  When you get to the hotel you'll likely get the timeline at the checkin and there will also be an American Queen desk or two where you will do your checkin.  They'll assign you to a transfer bus based on the time you checked in,  take your picture and issue your room card.  Don't forget your vaccination cards as you will need to show those as well as your id.  

With all of these itinerary changes I think the office staff is just overwhelmed.  

9 hours ago, ericosmith said:

We were on the Countess cruise on the 8th and never got one either.  When you get to the hotel you'll likely get the timeline at the checkin and there will also be an American Queen desk or two where you will do your checkin.  They'll assign you to a transfer bus based on the time you checked in,  take your picture and issue your room card.  Don't forget your vaccination cards as you will need to show those as well as your id.  

With all of these itinerary changes I think the office staff is just overwhelmed.  

We got an email that said they are no longer requiring guests to be vaccinated or show proof of vaccination, but we'll take our cards regardless.