Mercury- Mexican Riviera

Tavelnut

Looking to take a Mex. Riviera Cruise in the fall/winter on Mercury. Trying to decide between the 7 night vs. the 10 night (7 night in December, the 10 night is in Oct/Nov). The 7 night does not go to Acapulco or Ixtapa. The price difference is about 1,000 USD with air. Still trying to decide. (I am going to go down to the Mexican Riv. thread but just thought I would ask other Celebrity Cruisers.)

Also, any info on the Mercury would be much appreciated. I was on the Mercury about 9 years ago. Loved it. We have also been on the Constellation and Summit. I would love to go on the Mercury again but just wondering how much/if anything has changed. I know Celeb does a great job at keeping things in great condition.

Hi Tavelnut. This is of course a personal viewpoint and whether it is worth the difference is a tricky one to answer for you, but without doubt I would go for the 10 night trip.

I'm not sure if you've been to the Mexican Riviera before, but both Ixtapa and Acapulco were great ports to visit and very different from each other. Add to that the fact that I prefer longer trips of more than 7 days and it would be a no brainer for me.

Last time you were on Mercury it would have been practically new. It's now a few years older, but as you say is kept in lovely condition. I thought it was a beautiful ship.

Good luck with the decision!:)

Phil

Looking to take a Mex. Riviera Cruise in the fall/winter on Mercury. Trying to decide between the 7 night vs. the 10 night (7 night in December, the 10 night is in Oct/Nov). The 7 night does not go to Acapulco or Ixtapa. The price difference is about 1,000 USD with air. Still trying to decide. (I am going to go down to the Mexican Riv. thread but just thought I would ask other Celebrity Cruisers.)

Also, any info on the Mercury would be much appreciated. I was on the Mercury about 9 years ago. Loved it. We have also been on the Constellation and Summit. I would love to go on the Mercury again but just wondering how much/if anything has changed. I know Celeb does a great job at keeping things in great condition.

We booked the Mercury 11 Night Friday January 29th,2007

After checking out the pricing last month There was a special price for this Date Conpairson to the dates b/4

You are welcome to join us

What you deside to do Have a great Cruise

Also I did book the Hampton inn Downtown for 2 days b/4 using Hilton Points and the day we ge back for $100.00 Goverment Rate

They pick up at the airport and return to airport also take to Ship and pick up at Ship

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Thanks!!! This helps!! It is going to be a tough decision. This will be our 5th cruise. (4 with X and 1 with RCL) So far we have only been on 7 night cruises. This is going to be a tough decision. I always say I am going to try a longer one but I chicken out every single time. Our last cruise was to Alaska in May 05. We were supposed to take a longer one but in the end I decided on the 7 night. (Again) We shall see. I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on some good Mex. Riviera ports.

:D :D We didn't think the 7 day or even the 10 day cruise was long enough, so we are booked on the 11 day cruise leaving November 20, 2006 on the Mercury!! The longer the cruise, the better!!

We just returned from three B2B cruises on Mercury... 31 days and still wish I was onboard. Cruises are never long enough.

You might find that a 7 day cruise turns out to be a five day cruise. The weather leaving and returning to San Diego is very cool. The water temperature is only about 61 degrees. Few people were on deck for the first or last day.

We just returned from three B2B cruises on Mercury... 31 days and still wish I was onboard. Cruises are never long enough.

You might find that a 7 day cruise turns out to be a five day cruise. The weather leaving and returning to San Diego is very cool. The water temperature is only about 61 degrees. Few people were on deck for the first or last day.

WOW, you did 3 b2b on Mercury???? Same itinerary???? Wasn't it repetitive or boring???:confused: I've never done a b2b on the same itinerary.

Remember us???

C 2 C ~ welcome back! Did you leave Mercury in one piece? Is Dru still sane? Hope the crew survived!

Hi Anne.. Mercury is still afloat despite our presence. Dru is stil.. well, Dru. Only one that got frazzled was Rebecca at the "Battle". We had a bit of a tiff over assigning points to the wrong side.... guess which. We were penalized for questioning her addition but the points were eventually returned. No problems at all on trip #3. There were fewer trivia people on the last rip but we stopped going when the questions were not changed.

WOW, you did 3 b2b on Mercury???? Same itinerary???? Wasn't it repetitive or boring???:confused: I've never done a b2b on the same itinerary.

We have a choice of experiencing February in the midwest or on the Mexican Riviera. How can you possibly get bored on a cruiseship when the sun shines everyday, the library is open, chance of nightly dancing with a loved one and just meeting new friends?... We visited the same ports, had to eat from the same menu, were forced to leave our staterooms while somebody cleaned it... same old stuff

Wow. 31 days. That would be a dream.

I am leaning towards the 10 day. I love cruising, I love Celebrity and everytime I get off the 7 day cruises (which is what we always do) it seems like it is never long enough. But... everytime I get close to booking a longer one I chicken out. Sometimes I think it has less to do with the cruise and more to do with leaving the cat, house, work etc. I have to get over it. The 10 day, with all the ports etc. looks really good. 4 days at sea. Nice!!! Not to mention we took our first cruise on the Merc.

Thanks for all the info everyone!!

Hi Cruisers,

We are only at 5 cruises so far, but in 3-years, 3 in 12-months, so we're catching up quickly. We're early 40's, so I see a lot of cruising in our future.

Anyway, we'vebeen on one 7-day cruise, in Alaska on Summit last September, and I don't want to ever go on another. I have found that to relax, I need more days at sea since they are the most relaxing. Therefore, 8-day cruises with 4-days at sea are the least I will take for that reason. Unless someone else is paying for it of course...

We had 65 Cruise Critics registered on our 2/24/06 sail date to Mex. Riv. and had about 45 at our sail away party. It was great to get to know some new friends from all over the world and "hung out" with many of them during the cruise. Mercury Activity Staff: Quenten, Matt, Rebecca, Mila, and Jose' were great! And they'll remeber you if you engage with them and their activities. Visit Dorian in the spa for deep tissue massage or reflexology. Jeff won Celebrity Idol karaoke contest and sang in the Talent Show while Carol won the Lady's ping pong challenge twice and Oscar Music trivia for highlights. Battle of the Sexes Trivia and all other trivia games, whether C2C was on your team or an opponent, were great fun too. Prizes were a bonus to the fun and challenges.

Of course, the people you meet make the cruise, and this was our best cruise to date. Weather was nice (bonus) but the people were great. PJ, Linda, Bubba Dee, Deb, Guy, Bob, Connie, Anna, Ives, Mark, Karen, Ron, Norm, and Jay were all instrumental in making this a memorable trip. I don't mean to leave anyone out, because there were many more great people, but these popped in my mind immediately. {Take along a favorite game...Catch Phrase or Taboo for example, to play in a group (8-12) for even more fun} We hope to share another cruise with you sometime. Sorry for the lengthy post.

My suggestion, go for the longer cruise if you can afford it, and HAVE FUN WITH THE CREW and your fellow passengers! It makes all the difference in the world. Mercury was superior to Summit in most aspects except the T-pool in our opinion. Princess Sun is same size as Mercury, which was our previous favorite cruise...Alaska/Summit was our least favorite, and Mercury is now our favorite.

Carnival 2x, Princess 1x, Celebrity 2x, Next???

We are in the final stages of getting ready to book our next cruise and we're leaning towards the 10 day Mercury cruise leaving on April 28th.

Just wondering what we should really expect in terms of temperature down in the Mexican Riviera for those last few days of April & early May. Can we safely presume it will be warm enough to swim at the beaches at all the ports if the sun is shining?

Tavelnut ~ Go for the ten!!!!! We were on C2C's first leg of his month long journey. We were very sad when we had to get off and they got to stay on. The ONLY redeeming fact is that we are getting back on a ship tomorrow (Zenith). We always try to do a ten day in early winter now because seven just isn't long enough. Go for it!

Arno ~ poor Rebecca. You frazzled her! :mad: Wish I could have been there to stick up for her! Glad you are back on dry land. Hope to sail with you again some day.

Off to pack!

Arno ~ poor Rebecca. You frazzled her! :mad: Wish I could have been there to stick up for her! Glad you are back on dry land. Hope to sail with you again some day.

Bon Voyage. the feeling is mutual... perhaps we can be on the same trivia team next time.

Rebecca does not need any help with sticking the knife in.. perhaps just with getting rid of the evidence overboard..:eek:

Archived