NCL shareholder credit.

jonthomas

So I have received notification from NCL that they have given me the OBCs, but I dont see it in my cruise account and therefore cant use it to secure tours.

Whats to be done next? Yes talked to an O rep. They dont seem to know how to make that happen. They keep repeating to send in the form and add the reservation number of the cruise to apply it to. Done that but nothing in the account.

Anyone know how to solve this?

I think I have the answer to my own question.

Not all SBCs are treated the same. The NCL , SBCs only appear once you are on the ship. Can be used only on the ship. By then the tours you wish to book may be gone. Too bad it is like that. 

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

I have booked them now. Will Destinations credit my Visa when I sub the SBCs for it?

probably not  you will get  a cash refund on the last full day of the cruise for any refundable  credit left

45 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Thank you, I now have my answer, but LHT said to talk to Destinations and reverse the charges for booked tours at home,   use the SBCs instead of paying with Visa. Not sure how you would do that. 

You have to pay for them via CC at the time of booking

If you cannot afford to prepay then wait & see if they are still available

JMO

1 hour ago, davencl said:

Shareholder credit has always shown up in my account summary but is not usable until on the ship

Within the past 2 months I had my shareholder credit appear on my booked cruise on the Oceania website and I have used it subsequently for La Reserve reservations. 
‘Cruise December - January 2022

4 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

where does it appear on the booked cruise? We have 250 for a cruise for Nov 19, next week and there is nothing in the account.....

For a cruise departing on December 28, 2022, our Shareholder Benefit of $250 appeared in our account less than a week after we emailed the required paperwork in early October.

Where does it appear in the account? IN the cart? We have nothing there. Tried to book a tour, says your cart is empty. I have the O letter and the TAs letter saying we have 250 but nothing in the account. O rep says , some SBCs only appear once you are ON the cruise. 

Seems this differs from client to client. Not consistent. 

6 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

where does it appear on the booked cruise? We have 250 for a cruise for Nov 19, next week and there is nothing in the account.....

When I click on My Account. > next cruise comes up and it shows right beside the Booking Number as Total Shipboard Credits 

It may show up elsewhere but I didn’t look elsewhere.  

I will try to grab a screenshot.

Yes we have that for other cruises where we got  300 OBC for booking within the 30 day rule, but NOTHING for the NCL shareholder benefit. The O rep says it is added only after you are on the ship.

Thank  you for your efforts, it is much appreciated. But as you can see, NCL is inconsistent in doing this. We will see if anyone else posts anything. 

This is our first time as well. You only got 252 CAD from them, but it is 250 US, for 22 days....for 14 days it is only 100. 

Well we will have to bring with us the confirmation in writing, or we will have a tough time getting it.

Leaving on Nov 16, this wed, allowing 2 extra days to get there. Have been watching the planes at Pearson. They have been consistently late by 2 hours. Awful. Yeah a whole other topic. 

11 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

This is our first time as well. You only got 252 CAD from them, but it is 250 US, for 22 days....for 14 days it is only 100. 

One of my complaints as we have 2 booking numbers. One of them we were given the 250US. On the other they split it into two $100 US cause it was more advantageous to them . Our TA was so disgusted she made up the difference from her agency saying she would get it back from Oceania another way.

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That is interesting that they would give you CAD  credit

We booked in CAD as there was an advantage at the time. That sticks you in CAD until you board when you can switch to USD. Obviously they want to avoid someone going back and forth according to the current rates.

6 minutes ago, Robjame said:

We booked in CAD as there was an advantage at the time. That sticks you in CAD until you board when you can switch to USD. Obviously they want to avoid someone going back and forth according to the current rates.

could you please email me?

johthomas100z at gmail dot com

yes it is 

johthomas100z at gmail dot com

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

HMMM

I do not have the  stocks  but all the OBC  I get is in USD

I pay in CAD

Oh well   just seemed strange to me