Spa on Emerald Princess?

JamieLogical

I see that there are spa passes available for my upcoming sailing on the Emerald Princess. I have never sailed on Princess before. Is the spa anything like what is available on NCL ships? On NCL, the thermal spa passes include access to their thermal pool, heated loungers, wet and dry saunas, salt room, etc. Does Princess have similar facilities?

The Emerald has a Thermal Suite. No Pool. Yes to heated lounges. Sauna and steam rooms were not in the thermal suite. They were next to the Lotus Spa pool, but I heard they may have been removed. The Lotus Spa pool is not really inside the spa. It is a pool open to all adults.  

14 hours ago, skynight said:

The Emerald has a Thermal Suite. No Pool. Yes to heated lounges. Sauna and steam rooms were not in the thermal suite. They were next to the Lotus Spa pool, but I heard they may have been removed. The Lotus Spa pool is not really inside the spa. It is a pool open to all adults.  

So what does a spa pass get you access to?

Emerald's Thermal Suite has heated loungers, goofy "Rain showers", a regular shower, an accessible restroom, Gentle Sauna, Gentle Steam, and Aromatherapy steam rooms.  It is one deck down stairs below the Lotus Spa pool.  Access is via the Lotus Spa only.  There is a wheelchair lift.  Same setup for Crown and Ruby.

Free Sauna and Steam rooms were in the gender specific changing rooms - it has been reported that those were removed.

Edited by Papa Yoda

4 hours ago, MichiganFisherman said:

I'm sailing her too next year but the Emerald spa looks weak and nothing like we have experienced on ships like the NCL Bliss and the cost may not be worth it on the Emerald. The looks of the spa alone are a big ...meh. 

I think most any Thermal Suite any where else would be "meh" compared to that!  Even the newest Royal class Enclave.  I've been on Royal Princess and the newest HAL ships and those TS are better than Emerald but would still be "meh" compared to that.

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 12:43 PM, Papa Yoda said:

Emerald's Thermal Suite has heated loungers, goofy "Rain showers", a regular shower, an accessible restroom, Gentle Sauna, Gentle Steam, and Aromatherapy steam rooms.  It is one deck down stairs below the Lotus Spa pool.  Access is via the Lotus Spa only.  There is a wheelchair lift.  Same setup for Crown and Ruby.

Free Sauna and Steam rooms were in the gender specific changing rooms - it has been reported that those were removed.

Does anyone know the status on the steam rooms and saunas?

2 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Does anyone know the status on the steam rooms and saunas?

If you are asking about the steam and saunas that were in the changing rooms by the fitness center,  they were removed last dry dock? As far as I know, sister ships, Crown, Ruby, Caribbean and Sapphire still have in their respective changing rooms.

35 minutes ago, wallyj said:

If you are asking about the steam and saunas that were in the changing rooms by the fitness center,  they were removed last dry dock? As far as I know, sister ships, Crown, Ruby, Caribbean and Sapphire still have in their respective changing rooms.

Thanks!  Yes, that is what I was asking.