Getting from Puerto Quetzal to Antigua

B&J1

The "Antigua on your own"  excursion offered by Holland America is fully booked, so I am looking to get some recommendations for travel from Puerto Quetzal to and from Antigua.  We will be there Wednesday November 23rd.

TIA! 

• 2 weeks later...

You've probably already looked into this, but does HAL have any other excursions that include Antigua?   [Their web site shows some others, but I can't check your specific cruise.] You wouldn't be on your own, but it would be the next best thing. (Also, is there a waiting list for On Your Own?  In any event, you should go to the shorex desk when you board, maybe something will have opened up.)

Some years ago, before our first port call to Puerto Quetzal, I'd researched getting to Antigua, and the consistent advice here in this forum was to use the ship's transportation, because of the distance, as well as the narrowness of the roads and the traffic, making delays possible. 

If you do find another way to go, please vet it very carefully.

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

I wouldn't worry about traffic delays getting back if you're on a private excursion.  You can bet that the buses from the ship are stuck in the same traffic.  Just time your departure so that you're leaving Antigua around the same time that the ship excursions are leaving.

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

I wouldn't worry about traffic delays getting back if you're on a private excursion.  You can bet that the buses from the ship are stuck in the same traffic.  Just time your departure so that you're leaving Antigua around the same time that the ship excursions are leaving.

I'm sure the OP isn't worried because their cruise was in November of 2022.

• Haha 1