Possible to board before reserved time? (Wonder)

qwerty11

On 11/12/2022 at 9:15 AM, bucfan2 said:

Simply weigh the risk/reward and make a determination that fits you. If the risk of waiting until your assigned time is less than the reward of getting onboard sooner, go for it. We’ve been on 12 since the restart…Tampa was strict, the other 11 couldn’t have cared less (PC, PE, Miami, Seattle).

Yep, at Canaveral on Oct 31, after the suites, and status folks entered the terminal, and about 5-10 minutes letting the first iteration of timed arrivals in, they just let everyone in, that's at the terminal entrance.  However, once in the terminal, at the entry door to the boarding hallway, they stuck strictly to calling out the boarding times, not that the boarding times were accurate because we actually go on the ship long before our boarding time.  But, we didn't buck the system, the system moved faster than they though and everybody got on early.

Edited by Ret MP

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, at Canaveral on Oct 31, after the suites, and status folks entered the terminal, and about 5-10 minutes letting the first iteration of timed arrivals in, they just let everyone in, that's at the terminal entrance.  However, once in the terminal, at the entry door to the boarding hallway, they stuck strictly to calling out the boarding times, not that the boarding times were accurate because we actually go on the ship long before our boarding time.  But, we didn't buck the system, the system moved faster than they though and everybody got on early.

What terminal did you sail from?  There is a suites/pinnacle entrance but have never seen any status lines outside any terminal, at any port we have sailed from.  At terminal 1 in Port Canaveral, you go upstairs and there is a suites/pinnacle area and then other chair areas.  I have seen them go section to section, letting people enter, I have never seen them call boarding times and check at the door.  That seems very inefficient.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, qwerty11 said:

Earliest reservation time to check in we’ve been given is 1:30pm. Is it possible to show up earlier and get in (like 10:30am), or would we be sitting there until 1:30pm?

Another option is to go through the Check-In process again and see if you get a better time slot... 
Other than that if you want to risk waiting outside, show up early, if not, show up during your scheduled time.
If everyone shows up at 10 am and ignores their scheduled time... How fast do you think thry can get 6500 people on the ship? Do yo like being packed in like a sardine? Just Sayin' 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Another option is to go through the Check-In process again and see if you get a better time slot... 
Other than that if you want to risk waiting outside, show up early, if not, show up during your scheduled time.
If everyone shows up at 10 am and ignores their scheduled time... How fast do you think thry can get 6500 people on the ship? Do yo like being packed in like a sardine? Just Sayin' 

How do you do this? I couldn't find any options on their website to re-checkin. 

1 minute ago, qwerty11 said:

You can do this without losing your current check in time. Open the app to the check in screen and see if any earlier time slots have been released. If so select the new time. Your ordinal time will be replaced with your current selection.

6 hours ago, qwerty11 said:

I have only done it on the app!! 

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

You can do this without losing your current check in time. Open the app to the check in screen and see if any earlier time slots have been released. If so select the new time. Your ordinal time will be replaced with your current selection.

Thank you for replying in my place, I was at work 😄 

Edited by LilBlackDress

20 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

What terminal did you sail from?  There is a suites/pinnacle entrance but have never seen any status lines outside any terminal, at any port we have sailed from.  At terminal 1 in Port Canaveral, you go upstairs and there is a suites/pinnacle area and then other chair areas.  I have seen them go section to section, letting people enter, I have never seen them call boarding times and check at the door.  That seems very inefficient.

#1, Status, meaning Pinnacle.

Edited by Ret MP

20 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

And as stated, there were two actual check points for Entry/Boarding times.  One at the entrance to the Terminal (#1), serpentine line which lasted for about ~15 - 20s minutes and one at the entrance to the hallway leading to the gangway/ship.  Both used entry times and Suite/Status, oh and status includes ADA/special needs.  That is all, carry on!