Excel Ship Questions

gopackgo21

Hi! Sailing in a little over a month on the Celebration and had a few questions for those that have been on the Excel class. 

1. What lunch options are opened up on embarkation day? We usually go straight to Cucina on the other class of ships for lunch and to avoid the crowd of the Lido deck.

2. Where can I look to book the Loft 19 cabanas? Do I have to wait until on board? I don’t see them on my planner.

3. Anyone had a vegetarian entree at Rudy’s? We usually go to the steakhouse one night and the chef will always prepare me a pasta dish of some type since I’m a vegetarian. (Husband isn’t!) We we’re thinking of booking Rudy’s on Christmas night but was wondering if anyone has had luck with this. 

Thanks! 

@gopackgo21 2) Loft 19 Cabanas may be  booked upon boarding. Excel Suites have pre-cruise priority to book the Cabanas. Some have been getting a pop-up offer in their Cruise Planner offering Loft 19 Cabanas a couple weeks before their cruise. I am looking to book one on Celebration 12/19, if available; haven’t seen anything yet.

2 hours ago, gopackgo21 said:

Hi! Sailing in a little over a month on the Celebration and had a few questions for those that have been on the Excel class. 

1. What lunch options are opened up on embarkation day? We usually go straight to Cucina on the other class of ships for lunch and to avoid the crowd of the Lido deck.

2. Where can I look to book the Loft 19 cabanas? Do I have to wait until on board? I don’t see them on my planner.

3. Anyone had a vegetarian entree at Rudy’s? We usually go to the steakhouse one night and the chef will always prepare me a pasta dish of some type since I’m a vegetarian. (Husband isn’t!) We we’re thinking of booking Rudy’s on Christmas night but was wondering if anyone has had luck with this. 

Thanks! 

We are on MG right now, not in a suite, and had a Loft 19 banner pop up about 2 weeks ago in our cruise planner. 
Pig & Anchor on deck 8 was a less crowded option for lunch today, otherwise it looked like just Lido options. 

2 hours ago, mondello said:

@gopackgo21 2) Loft 19 Cabanas may be  booked upon boarding. Excel Suites have pre-cruise priority to book the Cabanas. Some have been getting a pop-up offer in their Cruise Planner offering Loft 19 Cabanas a couple weeks before their cruise. I am looking to book one on Celebration 12/19, if available; haven’t seen anything yet.

Keep us updated about possibly seeing this in your planner. I am stalking the site for my cruise.but from all accounts it is way too early.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

We are on MG right now, not in a suite, and had a Loft 19 banner pop up about 2 weeks ago in our cruise planner. 
Pig & Anchor on deck 8 was a less crowded option for lunch today, otherwise it looked like just Lido options. 

Was the Loft 19 banner about the sale?  I see that but it says sold out when I click on it.

There are many free lunch choices.  

FOOD
LUNCH
BlueIguana Cantina, 16 Mid...........................................................11:30am - 3:30pm
Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse, 8 Aft .................11:30am - 3:30pm
Lido Marketplace, 16 Aft ................................................................11:30am - 3:30pm
Seafood Shack $, 16 Mid ..............................................................11:30am - 4:00pm
Big Chicken, 16 Aft.........................................................................11:30am - 5:00pm
Guy’s Burger Joint, 17 Mid.............................................................11:30am - 6:00pm

HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Pizzeria del Capitano, 8 Aft ...........................................................................24 Hours
Piazza Panini, 8 Mid......................................................................11:00am - 10:00pm
Street Eats, 16 Mid .........................................................................11:30am - 5:00pm
JavaBlue Café, 6 Mid .................................................................... 4:00pm - 10:00pm

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Checked in last night for our 11/27/2022 Celebration Cruise that is 2 weeks out.

Saw the Cabanas on Loft 19 banner then. It seemed most Cabana numbers were still available.

Checked backed today and it seems several have been sold.

At $1750.00 (Summer sale, Regular for a Cabana is $2250.00) that is way more than we paid for a lido balcony cabin on the cruise.

With only two, this is not for us. If we had 4 or 5 going, it may be worth it.