What to Do!!

Qld13

Hi

We arrive back on Splendor at Port of Miami at 7am on 22nd Feb 2023 and at the moment have Emirates picking us up and taking us straight to MIA for our 20:10 flight to Dubai. Is there a lounge we can use before check in, Emirates have advised that check in opens 4 hours before (approx 4pm). Not looking forward to 6-7 hours at airport before we check in ☹️

Do hotels in Miami do half day rates?

What would you do in our shoes? Bearing in mind we will be dragging 4 suitcases around with us!!

Thanks

Edited by Qld13

14 minutes ago, Qld13 said:

Hi

We arrive back on Splendor at Port of Miami at 7am on 22nd Feb 2023 and at the moment have Emirates picking us up and taking us straight to MIA for our 20:10 flight to Dubai. Is there a lounge we can use before check in, Emirates have advised that check in opens 4 hours before (approx 4pm). Not looking forward to 6-7 hours at airport before we check in ☹️

Do hotels in Miami do half day rates?

What would you do in our shoes? Bearing in mind we will be dragging 4 suitcases around with us!!

Thanks

This is actually an easy one as I had done all the research for an analogous situation the following week!

Forgo the Emirates pick up and use Uber or a taxi and go to South Beach and get a day pass at one of the big (or small!) resort hotels. The Savoy which is rated #1 on TripAdvisor (owner of CruiseCritic!) offers day passes for $75 per person or $105 including lunch and a cocktail.   https://www.savoy-miami.com/en/beach-club/

Their website actually states complimentary luggage storage.

Other hotels similarly offer day passes.

Arrive at 9 or 10 in the morning, relax by the pool and have lunch and then head off to the airport!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Emirates should be able to. Wow this has opened up a whole plethora of options now, didn't know so many hotels offered day passes, have also found websites that can do up to half day stays at hotels. You Americans sure live in the fast lane!! 😜 Not aware of anything like this here in Australia!!

Thank you again, can now look forward to a comfortable end to our holiday 👏

8 hours ago, Qld13 said:

Yes, Emirates should be able to. Wow this has opened up a whole plethora of options now, didn't know so many hotels offered day passes, have also found websites that can do up to half day stays at hotels. You Americans sure live in the fast lane!! 😜 Not aware of anything like this here in Australia!!

Thank you again, can now look forward to a comfortable end to our holiday 👏

Canadian, thankyouverymuch!!!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We'll also be disembarking that day in MIami, but we just drive 4 hours & we're home. 😃 I haven't checked, but have you looked into tours run by regent for people who have several hours to spare before getting to the airport?    It's a Wednesday, so the crush of people shouldn't be bad at the hotels previously suggested.  

See you onboard!

4 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We also have only  a couple hour drive home afterward but if you’ve never been to South Beach, definitely do the day pass … some of the best people watching on the planet!

Whenever I see a reference to South Beach, I can't help but chuckle thinking of the movie The Birdcage.  Hysterical!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Canadian, thankyouverymuch!!!

😬😵 so sorry, didn't look under your name!!! Can't believe I did that 🙄

Your suggestion has been an eye opener!! 👍 and much appreciated

Edited by Qld13

7 hours ago, Qld13 said:

😬😵 so sorry, didn't look under your name!!! Can't believe I did that 🙄

I am not very good at distinguishing accents and have now resorted to saying and 'where in the Antipodes/ North America are you from' as I have put my foot in it several times 😂😂 I am quite good at the South African accent though.