Port Canaveral--Need rental car drop advice/ transport to terminal

coondog99

Our group of six is booked on the Carnival Mardi Gras for a Dec 17th departure with our rental vehicle is being dropped at the Port Can Enterprise location that morning.

Currently debating these options:
1) Drop rental and all of us taking Enterprise shuttle to terminal.

2) Dropping 5 of us/ luggage at cruise terminal then myself goes to drop vehicle and taking shuttle.

3) As above but Uber or taxi instead of shuttle

Ā 

Any advice or insight??Ā Ā 
Ā 

I would select option 2.5 - drop off my party at the terminal and then return the car. Then check when the next shuttle leaves. While waiting for the shuttle,Ā  get on your phone and see if a Uber or lyft is faster and worth the extra cost. Then make your decision.Ā 

• Like 1

We did your option #2 this past April and it couldn't have been easier and quicker. My DH was back within 25 min. after dropping the rental at Budget. Luckily the shuttle was ready to go as he finished up returning the car. So many people in line to pick up cars was probably the reason they moved quickly.

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

We did your option #2 this past April and it couldn't have been easier and quicker. My DH was back within 25 min. after dropping the rental at Budget. Luckily the shuttle was ready to go as he finished up returning the car. So many people in line to pick up cars was probably the reason they moved quickly.

Budget agency is further away than Enterprise.Ā  Seems like a waste of time for OP to go to terminal while passing Enterprise, then return to Enterprise and take their shuttle to terminal.Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Budget agency is further away than Enterprise.Ā  Seems like a waste of time for OP to go to terminal while passing Enterprise, then return to Enterprise and take their shuttle to terminal.Ā Ā 

I was just offering what company we used and how easy it all worked for us and the shuttle.

We rented through Costco and Budget had the best rate for the large minivan we needed for the 6 of us. And was close enough to our pre-cruise hotel to pick up the rental.

But thanks for your input.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I was just offering what company we used and how easy it all worked for us and the shuttle.

We rented through Costco and Budget had the best rate for the large minivan we needed for the 6 of us. And was close enough to our pre-cruise hotel to pick up the rental.

Understood.Ā  OP had said they were using Enterprise.Ā  Btu if he was using Budget or any other company, I would agree Option #2 would be a good alternative.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ā 

May I ask what pre cruise hotel you booked?Ā  We are also a family of six going on WOTS come March and would like to mimic what you guys did.

Ā 

Thanks in advance and glad I saw your posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nucroozer said:

My apologies, pls forgive me.Ā  I was trying to address ASHLAND but apparently didn't get to do it properly.Ā  I normally am just a lurker and hardly posts.šŸ˜Š

Ashland here....We stayed at the Home2Suites and just loved this hotel and the rooms we had which included a kitchenette and the hot breakfast, pool and the hot beverage offering in the lobby made this a hotel we would definitely stay at again and recommend.

• Like 1