$50 Per Excursion Promo

hernando52

3 hours ago, phoenix1181 said:

It's one $50 credit for the first person on the reservation in each port.

3 hours ago, kapcruiser said:

Is it per excursion or a one time use for an excursion?

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

That has changed.  It's not $50 per excursion.  

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

This is $50 per port.  It has to be used in each port.  

It is $50 per excursion booked by Passenger 1. If Passenger 1 books multiple excursions in a port, they will get a $50 credit for each excursion. It has nothing to do about ports. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

20 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

Wait I am so lost. So if I wait, and book a $50 excursion on board, I somehow get the $50 back in OBC? That’s the way it sounds.

Or are you saying if I book a $100 excursion on board, I am charged $100, but $50 goes back on my account once I take the excursion?

I ask because I have zero desire to take any excursions, but booked some under $50 because they’d be free. If there’s a way to get any of that as OBC I’d love to pursue it!

If you book a $50 excursion onboard, you are charged $50 and then credited $50.  Not OBC, it's a cash offset.  If you book a $100 excursion, you pay $100, then get a $50 cash offset.

You don't get the $50 if you don't book an excursion. And it isn't OBC, it's a cash offset against the price you are charged for an excursion.

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you book a $50 excursion onboard, you are charged $50 and then credited $50.  Not OBC, it's a cash offset.  If you book a $100 excursion, you pay $100, then get a $50 cash offset.

You don't get the $50 if you don't book an excursion. And it isn't OBC, it's a cash offset against the price you are charged for an excursion.

Got it. Thanks!

Ooohhh… that’s a nice change on the shore excursion discounts. Certainly handy for ports where there’s a local tram or shuttle bus that you can use at any time of the day  in addition to a specific excursion. 

I just had another look at the t&cs cos I’m in Europe and there’s always a slight variation.

we had to pay €99 for the free at sea package but the service charges for the drinks and meals was built in, I see that charge has now gone up to €149 for 7-day cruises and the specialty meals has gone down to just 1 if you’re in a studio/inside/ocean view along with the WiFi minutes dropping to 150mins  .  I booked my next cruise back in early January because I’d seen the heads up about increases in some of the charges and reductions in benefit, so thankfully I still have 2 specialty meals and 250mins of WiFi.  However usually when they improve an element of the package that doesn’t percolate to bookings made before the change but it looks like the 6lt of water cartons is going to be given to everyone with any version of FaS come the new year. 

btw for once they actually have a decently clear information page on the 2 generations of Free at 

Sea … I see there’s now an upsell for Free at Sea PLUS, presumable that’s why they slashed some of the benefits from the original FAS. 
https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/FreeatSeaPlus_0.pdf

6 hours ago, hallux said:

The OP has duplicate threads going, the other one has several more replies, I suggest visiting that one - 

Thank you...I don't know how that happened & contacted the admins as soon as I saw it...I asked for it to be deleted.