If your TA gives you prepaid gratuities?

jonthomas

2 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

But you have also reached a certain loyalty level with O and they  give you prep grat, can you ask O to give you SBCs instead, so you can use them for tours, etc?

I don't have the specific quote, but I think the TA gives a $250 SBC in lieu of gratuities, if your level benefit includes pre-paid gratuities.  Or the other way around 🤔

• Like 2

on our invoice the exact amount of gratuities is given, it is from their consortium....so it can be  much more than 250, as it  covers for all the days...

so can we ask O to give us SBCs instead. Surely double the gratuities would not be used, although staff do deserve it....

12 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

on our invoice the exact amount of gratuities is given, it is from their consortium....so it can be  much more than 250, as it  covers for all the days...

so can we ask O to give us SBCs instead. Surely double the gratuities would not be used, although staff do deserve it....

Not sure how it works, but I vaguely remember from the postings that it is not exactly 1 for 1, but rather you lose on the SBC if you get loyalty grats.  I think O limits the amount that can be given.   But I'm not entirely sure since the post describing the benefits was not mine.

18 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

the prep grat from O would be once you reach the loyalty level....why would they reduce that if you have earned it?

It's called a business model. I think it's the TA that provides the reduced OBC. You don't lose, you just don't get double, just one free grat plus ana modest OBC.  I used the amount of $250, but that was a place holder...it could be more.  It's just not as much as the free grats...AFAIK  Maybe someone who has actual experience can provide the real numbers...and maybe I'm totally off base.  It's just what I remember from previous posts, but then my memory....

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

You cannot double dip

If you get PPG  then O will give your $250 sbc in Lieu of the  Oceania club benefit

If your TA  gives you  a sbc in the amount of gratuities  then  the O club PPG kick in

It is all how you get the Gratuities

It should be on your invoice  either way

• Like 1

Remember, all this doesn’t show until one’s 10th cruise, as I remember. Just having number 10 booked doesn’t count. If you have only actually completed 8 cruises, for example, the invoice for what may be number 10 will not show the additional OBC. Once you have completed #9, then you should have your invoice for that future cruise amended to reflect the credit. Best to have your TA handle it.