Future Cruise Credit

chicotam

We were supposed to receive $300 FFC as our disembarkation port was changed from Venice to Ravenna.  Azamara sent us a letter which I saved.    We signed up for next year’s cruise while on board and was told to call Azamara to have it applied to the booking.  

Called today and was told that our FCC expires in June, our sailing isn’t till September.  Is this common?  The letter said nothing about an  expiration date.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

I have a FCC, not related to Venice, and it states:

• Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before the expiration date listed above

(My FCC expiration date is October 31 2023)

Ours also must be used on a sailing which commences before 31/10/23. We will not get to use it as we have 2023 cruises already booked on other lines. Perhaps the expiry is based on the date a Ravenna cruise ended, which in our case was Oct 22.

2 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

I had two lots of Venice/Ravenna change FCC...when received the certificates, both say 

• Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before June 30, 2022

Thanks for this info…when was your cruise?   We finished Oct 8, and it  seems logical the FCC would expire a year from then.  

I called and felt like I got the runaround on this.  The likes of “even though there wasn’t mention of an expiration date in the letter doesn’t mean there isn’t one”.  I may try emailing with a copy of their letter attached.  

for those who have certificates, (we never received any), what was the time span between when you finished your cruise and when the certificate expired?   Thanks kindly.  

8 hours ago, AJCM said:

Perhaps the expiry is based on the date a Ravenna cruise ended, which in our case was Oct 22.

My two were both for June cruises so that would make sense (one took 2 months to arrive, the other took three months)

We received a letter saying we would be given FCC while on a cruise in August. No expiration date. We booked another cruise onboard and we know a notation was made on that booking that we had FCC. Sadly, Azamara doesn't seem to know anything about it although a copy of the letter has been sent to them. Our TA has been working on this for months.