Drink Package Plus, Wine Bottles for table

Cruiseingbug

I Know the policy for the drink package is for just the 2 in the room. But I thought I heard that if you order a bottle of wine or Champagne in specialty restaurant or MDR, they will bring extra glasses for all to enjoy at the table. Can anyone confirm this? Do the servers automatically do this or do you have to ask? First post, hope this is a good question?

I’ve not tried this personally, but other have reported being given glasses for everyone at the table.

My guess is that it will depend on how you do it. If you order a bottle of wine and ask for 4 glasses then you will likely be fine. If you then try to order further bottles then there is likely to be an issue.

I certainly wouldn’t rely on being able to do this, even if it had previously been ok. It is just the sort of thing that can get different results with different staff.

Yes, it isn't a problem.  I always buy the package but my friends do not.  Glasses are brought for everyone at the table.  In fact, I had a bottle of Moet at Teppanyaki and offered some to others (not my party) at the table.  No questions asked.

In my experience, the bartenders and waitstaff want you to be happy and they're not too interested in nickel and diming.  My friend (regular package) ordered a Woodford Reserve drink (Manhattan?) in Maltings.  The bartender made it a point to ring it up on my card.  YMMV, of course, but yeah we tipped her 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1