Embarkation Question

Camgirl

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. So I'm afraid I will have to ask again.

My husband and I will be boarding QM2 at Southampton in December.  We are diamond world club members, so we usually board after the grills passengers. This time we will be joined by my sister and her husband for their first Cunard cruise. Their booking is linked to ours. Can anyone tell me what we do at the terminal? Can we all board together at the time the diamond guests do? Or do we all have to wait together until non priority boarding is in progress?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

4 hours ago, Camgirl said:

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. So I'm afraid I will have to ask again.

My husband and I will be boarding QM2 at Southampton in December.  We are diamond world club members, so we usually board after the grills passengers. This time we will be joined by my sister and her husband for their first Cunard cruise. Their booking is linked to ours. Can anyone tell me what we do at the terminal? Can we all board together at the time the diamond guests do? Or do we all have to wait together until non priority boarding is in progress?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

We are D, friends travelling with us have always been allowed to board with our priority.

16 minutes ago, MaraHornraven said:

Oh you lucky things, when do us normals usually get to start boarding?  (I'm far too excited and want it to be the 10th Dec already!!)

It used to be that on arrival your sail pass was checked and given a coloured/number card, invited to take a seat to await the invitation to checkin.

A little tip….
On entering the departure building look to one’s left/ahead/back area, left of the escalator, where the crew checkin.  There you’ll see a large magazine rack/s, same in the departure area and just before security.  These contain “FREE MAGAZINES”.  Take what one wishes, the magazine selection should have all the latest offerings, including CRUISES.

Something to read while waiting to be called.

26 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

A little tip….
On entering the departure building look to one’s left/ahead/back area, left of the escalator, where the crew checkin.  There you’ll see a large magazine rack/s, same in the departure area and just before security.  These contain “FREE MAGAZINES”.  Take what one wishes, the magazine selection should have all the latest offerings, including CRUISES.

Something to read while waiting to be called.

Haha, thanks for the tip, I loved those magazines when we did the Hamburg round trip in Jan 2019! 

24 days until we board so hopefully another few days and we'll find out our time