Internet - Most economical way to extend time (?)

lilalila

I'll be on the 02/25/2023 Escape sailing and don't have much experience on NCL with respect to their pricing nuances.

With “Free At Sea” I'll have 150 minutes of Internet which is not enough time; however, it should last me two or three days of time.

Currently, I can upgrade to unlimited minutes for $110.00 pre-cruise.

What option will save me more dollars: Purchase the unlimited minutes pre-cruise or wait until day 3/4 and make the purchase onboard (I don't know what onboard pricing is)?

I don't really know but one thing  for sure is  make sure you logout after every session. We made that mistake and poof our minutes were gone they next time we went to use them. They did restore some of them but was told it was a one time courtesy. 

Edited by Peachypooh

If you can avoid using the internet on day 1, upgrade to unlimited on day 2 and "trade in" the free minutes you got as credit toward that package.  The "trade in" is offered when you go to activate the free minutes.  I think the net is around $70 if you do it this way (there's a thread on this somewhere in this forum but I'm sure it's now buried).

Edited by hallux
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lilalila said:

I'll be on the 02/25/2023 Escape sailing and don't have much experience on NCL with respect to their pricing nuances.

With “Free At Sea” I'll have 150 minutes of Internet which is not enough time; however, it should last me two or three days of time.

Currently, I can upgrade to unlimited minutes for $110.00 pre-cruise.

What option will save me more dollars: Purchase the unlimited minutes pre-cruise or wait until day 3/4 and make the purchase onboard (I don't know what onboard pricing is)?

The advantage to the upgrade to unlimited for $110 is you only pay it once and can share the access with your traveling solo. You could also consider Free At Sea Plus. It will include unlimited internet along with the best drinks package (including specialty coffees, water, energy drinks) and some more specialty dining and increased excursion credit. It isn’t terribly more than the unlimited internet upgrade, but if there are two of you, you both have to buy it and that is considerably more costly. 

@lilalila - Onboard pricing are basically the same, you are on the Escape for 7 nights. If you wait until 12:01 local / ship time to upgrade onboard, easily done yourself via the NCL App, you will be charged or paying for 6 nights only, less the trade-in credit given for the 150 minutes ... cost would be about $80 instead of $110 if you do that now or upon boarding the ship.  That's for the basic unlimited (non-streaming) WiFi access, multiple devices can be registered or linked but only access one device at a given tie.  No additional discounts given & Latitude discounting cannot be stacked or applied - however, if you have any non-refundable OBC ... it can only be used when upgrading onboard.  

On Day 6 and 7, they usually offer the disembarkation specials for 30 and 60 minutes, fairly costly on a per minute basis over the plan for 6 and 7 nights (days) ... Nothing else available on day 3 or 4 for the 7 days (nights) cruise, AFAIK - unlimited "deals" will be priced just like paying for 6 nights. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

The advantage to the upgrade to unlimited for $110 is you only pay it once and can share the access with your traveling solo. You could also consider Free At Sea Plus. It will include unlimited internet along with the best drinks package (including specialty coffees, water, energy drinks) and some more specialty dining and increased excursion credit. It isn’t terribly more than the unlimited internet upgrade, but if there are two of you, you both have to buy it and that is considerably more costly. 

Free at sea plus includes unlimited internet?