Harding Retail (shops onboard).

majortom10

Just a warning, after my recent experience onboard QV, about purchasing expensive items from the shops. Purchased a watch and on returning home tried to register watch online with watch company. Didn't recognise numbers on rear of watch to register guarantee and also found out watch should have been sold in a special box with insignia which it didn't only a plain black box. Contacted Cunard who gave me contact details of Harding Retail so phoned them and couldn't speak direct to customer services only to leave a message and would return call within 24hrs, they didn't. Then sent them an e-mail which they have not responded too. So a warning buyer beware especially if you are buying expensive item and have problems later. After sales from Harding Retail very poor.

Sorry to hear this M.T. Buyer beware indeed and all that so a timely reminder. Hopefully they will get back to you but what a hassle.

I rarely buy anything onboard  apart from cute reindeer and teddies etc unless I had so much obc to get rid of, as I have on past occasions but then  clothes purchases, and Aspinall leather goods for Christmas presents ate the remainder up.

The jewellery onboard can be quite spectacular but I wouldn't buy high end from a retail concession on a ship. Watches might not be high end on QE/QV but I still wouldn't bother as they can be sourced at probably similar or cheaper once home with the added comfort of comeback should anything be faulty.

17 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Sorry to hear this M.T. Buyer beware indeed and all that so a timely reminder. Hopefully they will get back to you but what a hassle.

I rarely buy anything onboard  apart from cute reindeer and teddies etc unless I had so much obc to get rid of, as I have on past occasions but then  clothes purchases, and Aspinall leather goods for Christmas presents ate the remainder up.

The jewellery onboard can be quite spectacular but I wouldn't buy high end from a retail concession on a ship. Watches might not be high end on QE/QV but I still wouldn't bother as they can be sourced at probably similar or cheaper once home with the added comfort of comeback should anything be faulty.

Should read 

''as high end'' as some are still expensive.

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Luckily the watch was purchased with OBC but Harding Retail dont know that and should have sold the watch with proper box as supplied by Citizen. After Sales Customer Service by Harding Retail has been very poor and will make me think in future about purchasing anything of any value from them.

Edited by majortom10

17 hours ago, baw53 said:

majortom10….I see you live in Stone , I live in Trentham .I am on the QV in 3 weeks ….would it help if I took  the watch back and ask them to sort something out  for  you ? 

Thank you for your very kind offer. I have once more contacted Harding Retail by phone and awaiting a reply. If I don't get any response I will contact Cunard again who told me at the first instance that if I had no success with Harding Retail to get back in touch with them.