Coco Cay Beach Club Worth the money? $98 Black Friday sale

molly361

Checked my planner this morning and there were 5 spots left at $148.99pp, this is the Black Friday price for our cruise in March on the Wonder.  It had been $299pp since I booked.  Was hoping for under a $100 pp like many others have received.  I did book it and it has since sold out, so a future price drop isn't going to happen.  We have friends going on this cruise and they booked it so we'd like to join them.  But the biggest reason for us is that the Odyssey will also be at CoCo Cay that day so we're looking at a lot of passengers on the island on our scheduled day, we're hoping the club feels less crowded and noisy. Overall value or is it worth it? It is to us for those reasons even though I'm paying more than I had planned on. We tend to splurge when we're on vacation anyways and I'm sure we'll enjoy it. 

Edited by JeffT237

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, when three are listed on some web site, assume one of those listed is not going to be there.

Another interesting (or worrying) thing is that our 26th of August cruise on Adventure isn't scheduled to Coco Cay according to this site I just saw, despite it being a scheduled stop and being visible in the app.

I’m going back and forth on this.  We will be there Jan 2 on harmony (only ship but will be absolutely enormous numbers full=capacity will schools out).  We have never been to coco cay so I’m alternating between wanting to check out the buffet and the oasis pool vs a less crowded day at the beach club.  We bought at $103, which was down from $189 and with a New Years cruise! I think that’s a good deal.  We are going to 150 Central Park the night before so I’m not sure I need steak again, but everything looked amazing and I’d love bar service on the beach.  Does anyone know how late you can cancel before the day?  Can I cancel the day before for onboard credit?  We didn’t pre-pay gratuities so I am thinking we will have plenty of on-board spending to use it for.  Jane

We overpaid some time ago, but there will be 2 BIG ships there when we are there and we get there 2nd. When the sale started, the beach club was already sold out so we could not cancel and rebook without endangering our reservation. Honestly, I am worried about getting good loungers since we are the 2nd ship to arrive.

• Like 1