Do medallion colors mean anything?

tkline

So, we did a New England & Canada cruise on the Enchanted Princess back in October, and our medallions had a white background with a yucky barf yellow/green colored princess logo in the middle. Now we just got the medallions for our next cruise in a couple weeks to Hawaii on the Royal, and our medallions have the same yellow/green barf color, but it's for the background and the logo is white. Do the colors on the medallions mean anything, or are they just random if you don't pay extra to add your own picture?

• Haha 1

The edge of the medallion is usually silver except when cruising during the first season of a new ship (for example, the Enchanted this year when we were on it in March) when the edge is white.  The center color matches your loyalty status (blue, gold/yellow, ruby, platinum or black).

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Have the Enchanted Princess medallion color's returned to the standards yet, or are they still issuing the white ones?

I'm not sure when they stopped the white, but our Nov 29th Enchanted medallions are the normal loyalty color.

7 minutes ago, station10fd said:

I'm not sure when they stopped the white, but our Nov 29th Enchanted medallions are the normal loyalty color.

Thanks. Glad to here it returned to the old standard. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By any chance, can you post which cruise terminal you'll use in St Lucia after you arrive there?

We hoping for the downtown terminal on our trip. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Discovery on Saturday (after Thanksgiving).  Mine was white with black design, and Bride's was white with Gold color princess (as she is gold).

However, we were NOT shipped our medalians to the house, they were 'delivered to the LA cruise terminal' we were told.  SO it could be that they made ours at the port, and that is why they were white.

However, I just ordered one for an April cruise and it looked like it would be black background with white drawing.   Only time will tell.

So it COULD be that they have a bunch of 'all purpose white ones in the terminal, but most of the medalians i saw were white and I could not tell the difference between blue drawings and black drawings. 

4 minutes ago, sirclean said:

Just off the Discovery on Saturday (after Thanksgiving).  Mine was white with black design, and Bride's was white with Gold color princess (as she is gold).

However, we were NOT shipped our medalians to the house, they were 'delivered to the LA cruise terminal' we were told.  SO it could be that they made ours at the port, and that is why they were white.

However, I just ordered one for an April cruise and it looked like it would be black background with white drawing.   Only time will tell.

So it COULD be that they have a bunch of 'all purpose white ones in the terminal, but most of the medalians i saw were white and I could not tell the difference between blue drawings and black drawings. 

I believe the Medallions are white during a ships inaugural year of sailing.

• Like 2