Did you apply for a Shareholder Credit? You may want to re-check your Booking Confirmation.

Digisailor

I submitted (and got) a shareholder credit in the last couple of weeks (early November 2022), for a January 2023 cruise.  But when I looked at my latest Booking Confirmation, showing the credit, they had also upped my fare (not my wife's in the same cabin) for the cruise... by over $300... and also an increase for the Vacation Protection.  

I called Princess and they have fixed the problem, but the agent couldn't imagine how that could have happened... especially with one of us, but not the other... but I suspect it had something to do with applying my shareholder credit due to the timing.   Also... it took quite a while on the phone for them to fix... after being on hold for like 30 minutes, I got a helpful agent, who had to call "guest services"... and after about 15 minutes she suggested I ring off and she would send me an updated cruise confirmation... because she was looking at another 30 minutes to reach someone who could authorize it.  That was actually pretty thoughtful.  I think she used language like "there is a booking code that dropped off that I'm not authorized to fix"... so it seems we were waiting for a higher level of support to be able to address it.

Bottom line... if you recently got a shareholder credit, check all the numbers on your booking confirmation.  

Mine may have been a one-off, but it also might have been one agent doing something wrong multiple times. 

• Like 1