Soda Card Quesstion

i guide the sky

I see on the Celebrity web site that the only restrictions for the soda card listed are the mini bar and room service. However, i recall from the last cruise i was on that that restriction also extended to the dining room. Is this still the case or has celebrity allowed use of the soda card in the dining room also?

I see on the Celebrity web site that the only restrictions for the soda card listed are the mini bar and room service. However, i recall from the last cruise i was on that that restriction also extended to the dining room. Is this still the case or has celebrity allowed use of the soda card in the dining room also?

Don't know hwere you may have gotten this. I am a big soft drink person and NEVER had a problem in the dining room.

The only real restriction is fountain drinks only thus no mini bar or room service which are cans. Some people have suggested that because Celebrity uses a seperate server for beverages at dinner that that person is not interested in serving soft drinks because there is no extra tip. On our 3 Ceelbrity sailings that has never been the case. Just the opposite. Never had an empty glass for more than 30 seconds. If it did happen to me a modest cash tip early in the cruise with a promise for more at the end would likely do the trick. I do a cash tip at the end for the beverage server if he does keep my glass full.

I was wondering the same thing regarding bottled water.

Best bet for bottled water is to bring a couple of bottles, use them and then fill up with tap water as needed from the ship. The ships water is as good or better than most bottled waters available.

Does the soda card cover bottled water? We are sailing the Zenith in 2 weeks.

Soda card only covers fountain drinks, so nothing that comes in a can or bottle is covered. These will all be charged individually.

When ordering bottled water, check the prices of the small and large bottles. The large cost only a little more so that at times it may not make sense to order the small.

If you look/search through the back threads you'll see a lot of differing opinions on the quality of ship water and the need for buying bottled water on board.

I'm picky about my soda and water, I want my own brand. By the way, do they serve coke or pepsi?

They serve Coke, thank God. (I'm from Atlanta, the Coke Capital of the World. Pepsi is anathema to me.) I am pretty obsessive about my Diet Coke. I drink alot of it. I slipped once on my cruise on the Zenith and bought one soda before getting the card because my thirst got the best of me. I tried to work even harder once I got the card to make sure I got my money's worth. For me, two or three refills during a meal is a no-brainer. As someone has already said, the card does work in the dining room. (It did on the Zenith.) I think I made the card a good investment.

how much is the card on the zenith? only a 4 nighter.

The formula is $5/day +15%. The formula is used if you decide to buy a card after the start of the cruise. They do not sell the card for a day here, a day there.

Archived