Azamara Upgrade web page not working.

marcc

I tried to check if our cruise was eligible for an upgrade on the Azamara website but it didn't work.  The "Please wait.."  message appears but it never finishes.

Has anyone else tried it recently? Is it just me?

I emailed AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com twice over the last ten days but I never got an answer.

1 hour ago, marcc said:

I tried to check if our cruise was eligible for an upgrade on the Azamara website but it didn't work.  The "Please wait.."  message appears but it never finishes.

I emailed AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com twice over the last ten days but I never got an answer.

How do we check?

19 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

How do we check?

You will get an email inviting you to bid then lots of repeat dont forget to bid emails.  Not all fares are eligible for the upgrade - I do not think for example if you book a Guarantee Cabin you can bid on an upgrade  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, uktog said:

You will get an email inviting you to bid then lots of repeat dont forget to bid emails.  Not all fares are eligible for the upgrade - I do not think for example if you book a Guarantee Cabin you can bid on an upgrade  

Not strictly true. We haven't received a single email - less than 2 months from our cruise. We can however bid on an upgrade using a link provided here before, despite having a Guarantee cabin

https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Not strictly true. We haven't received a single email - less than 2 months from our cruise. We can however bid on an upgrade using a link provided here before, despite having a Guarantee cabin

https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

I was told that the link lets everyone bid but somewhere round the back in the system it takes you out if you are not eligible.  Only those eligible to bid get the email.  Hope you prove that wrong and you are lucky!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, uktog said:

I was told that the link lets everyone bid but somewhere round the back in the system it takes you out if you are not eligible.  Only those eligible to bid get the email.  Hope you prove that wrong and you are lucky!

Ah - would have been  useful if you said that first. No intention of bidding so won't find out anyway

3 hours ago, marcc said:

When is your sailing?  It was the same for me and about 90 days before we are sailing, bang it appears.  So maybe you are to early

• Like 2

There are some grey areas of the upgrade system.

We sail on Quest this Saturday and at no time did we get the invite email to upgrade.

When I accessed the upgrade page on the Azamara website upgrade page I was denied access.

I followed this up with a call to Azamara (early morning!) and they could find no reason why I couldn't apply, yet they couldn't amend the no application status.

I then emailed the Azamara Circle and got a reply of apology within 24 hour, two hours later I got the email inviting me to apply for an upgrade.

Did it work? All should be revealed in the next twelve hours.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, norn iron said:

There are some grey areas of the upgrade system.

We sail on Quest this Saturday and at no time did we get the invite email to upgrade.

When I accessed the upgrade page on the Azamara website upgrade page I was denied access.

I followed this up with a call to Azamara (early morning!) and they could find no reason why I couldn't apply, yet they couldn't amend the no application status.

I then emailed the Azamara Circle and got a reply of apology within 24 hour, two hours later I got the email inviting me to apply for an upgrade.

Did it work? All should be revealed in the next twelve hours.

Check your credit card bill. I just p looked at our November credit card bill and realised Azamara took the upgrade money 2 days before they told us our (very low) bid was successful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Check your credit card bill. I just p looked at our November credit card bill and realised Azamara took the upgrade money 2 days before they told us our (very low) bid was successful.

Nothing through yet Denise. Good tip re checking my credit card, but again no charges.

There is no access to available staterooms on the Azamara website, however, on the German site that can't be mentioned all the available staterooms are still for sale.

13 hours ago, uktog said:

That's correct. Guarantee cabins are not eligible. 

I have a big issue with the upgrade bid system.  You have no idea which of the category cabins you bid for  you'll be assigned if successful and by the time you know you've paid for it.  There are definitely areas of the ship I avoid because of noise.

For the first time in ages I made a bid on my last cruise. From a verandah to a Club Continent suite.  I did this because I checked and checked and there was only one available CC suite and on deck 6 which I'd be fine with and I thought I would probably get that. Lo and behold when my bid was accepted I had been assigned 8070, right under the bus station for the Windows Cafe. This was what was above my cabin. Lots of noise. Never again will I make a bid, even after close reference to the cabins left.  

Phil 

1EFF64D0-FB9A-467D-8A8B-EAC10581982F.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, norn iron said:

Nothing through yet Denise. Good tip re checking my credit card, but again no charges.

There is no access to available staterooms on the Azamara website, however, on the German site that can't be mentioned all the available staterooms are still for sale.

My fingers are  crossed for you 🤞